• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Asian Boxing Nation

for simplicity we'll only include the big dogs

Thailand
    Japan
    Philippines

Philippines hands down has produced the greatest asian boxer ever, but which country on average pumps out the most badAZZes.

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

Thailand
    Japan
    Philippines

Philippines hands down has produced the greatest asian boxer ever, but which country on average pumps out the most badAZZes.
    I would give it to Japan or Korea dont forgget about Korea its big Player in Asian boxing

Comment

i would say Philippines produce the more well known greater fighters but japan is coming out with a lot of tough badass fighters. almost every japanese boxers right now is tough as nail. they dont always have the best technique but these guys are tough ass shit, which is rare to me because i always looked at japanese fighters being weak. and thailand aint done shit, boxing is just still too far behind in that country.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        I would give it to Japan or Korea dont forgget about Korea its big Player in Asian boxing
        dont know much about korean boxers but the mma korean fighters are mostly beast. small ass nerdy looking but throws some heavy bombs.

Comment

Kazakhstan

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            dont know much about korean boxers but the mma korean fighters are mostly beast. small ass nerdy looking but throws some heavy bombs.
            Jung-Koo Chang or Myung-Woo Yuh are a few to mention

Comment

definitely kazakhs! This country consistently produce olympic gold medalists!
              Last edited by Pain~Lucy; 11-06-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Japan
                Thailand/Korea
                Philippines

Comment

japan has the most robust pro boxing scene in asia. lots of depth in the lower weight classes and the events seem to do good business

thai boxing will always play second fiddle to muay thai

the philippines produces the occasional big talent but doesn't seem to have much depth

i seem to recall south korea having more of a presence in boxing in the past. can't think of any korean boxers right now except that pakistani fighter who is based there

kazakhstan, azerbaijan and now uzbekistan have excellent amateur programs but have yet to make much of a mark on the pro game

it'll be a couple of decades before china is a major player

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

Thailand
                    Japan
                    Philippines

You mean amateurs or pro or both doe?

Comment

Working...
                    X