No announcement yet.

Star Wars products

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars products

Is it me or is there an overwhelming amount of Star Wars **** everywhere you go?
    Even cambells fkn soup had star wars characters on their cans. Star wars toys and knick knacks in all markets..

It's probably just the USA, but its getting annoying.
    They really pushing this as the biggest thing since sliced bread.

Originally posted by Road Warrior View Post
    Is it me or is there an overwhelming amount of Star Wars **** everywhere you go?
    Even cambells fkn soup had star wars characters on their cans. Star wars toys and knick knacks in all markets..

yes...is you.....

Comment

I highly doubt it

Comment

it's called marketing. they made a new star wars movie, and they're marketing the hell out of it.

star wars was a game changer in the 70's and early 80's. the first two movies changed the world.

when i try and explain the star wars phenomenon to people, i always talk about the sets and the characters.

i could walk into the millennium falcon and feel like i'd been there before. i'd feel like i knew chewie and han. chewie would probably rip my arms off if i beat him in chess.

those two movies set new precedents in story telling.

Comment

Its also the combination of Star Wars and christmas.
          Sell sell sell.

I believe Star Wars was the first film to really exploit merchandise. Since 1977 its never stopped selling.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            it's called marketing. they made a new star wars movie, and they're marketing the hell out of it.

star wars was a game changer in the 70's and early 80's. the first two movies changed the world.

when i try and explain the star wars phenomenon to people, i always talk about the sets and the characters.

i could walk into the millennium falcon and feel like i'd been there before. i'd feel like i knew chewie and han. chewie would probably rip my arms off if i beat him in chess.

those two movies set new precedents in story telling.
            Those were good movies, I definitely enjoyed the original trilogy. However, there was three more movies after that that did not have nearly the same impact.

I guess they figured the whole franchise hasn't ran its course so Disney is pushing this thing like there is no tomorrow.

I don't want to appear a Debby downer, but what possibly new can this new film offer that the old ones already haven't explored?

I honestly haven't seen so much crap being sold for any other media release. Go to dog toy section in your local pet store, or just walk into any supermarket its everywhere. How can this movie possibly live up to all this?

Maybe I'm just getting old

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              Its also the combination of Star Wars and christmas.
              Sell sell sell.

I believe Star Wars was the first film to really exploit merchandise. Since 1977 its never stopped selling.
              Definitely, there is a reason it released so close to the holidays. Can't hate the player here, must hate the game, such is the business.

Just astounding to see so much stuff everywhere you look.

Comment

Those were good movies, I definitely enjoyed the original trilogy. However, there was three more movies after that that did not have nearly the same impact.

I guess they figured the whole franchise hasn't ran its course so Disney is pushing this thing like there is no tomorrow.

I don't want to appear a Debby downer, but what possibly new can this new film offer that the old ones already haven't explored?

I honestly haven't seen so much crap being sold for any other media release. Go to dog toy section in your local pet store, or just walk into any supermarket its everywhere. How can this movie possibly live up to all this?

You have the generation of adults who saw the Original Trilogy. Their kids who watched. The kids in the 80s born to those kids watched. Kids born in the mid 80s-90s who watched. Adults who got into it because their kids watched the 2000s sequels and those kids. And maybe theres even more kids now.

Star Wars spans many generations, it will sell like crazy.

Comment

i expect garbage. i expect it to sell well.

Comment

Hell yeah. That **** is everywhere. I really don't get it. Whats it about? Also its getting a lot of hate just cause they have a black guy in it. Wasn't Samuel L Jackson in one of them? Not into the whole space thing

Comment

Working...
                    X