Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamont Peterson's disastrous gameplan.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ran around for most of the fight when he was mkst successful inside and letting his hands go

Comment

Totally disagree, thought the Strategy was fine, Peterson showboating probably screwed things up for him in the other 2 Judges Eyes. I was OK with the Draw score and 115-113 either way I'm actually OK with.

Comment

I the early rounds Peterson had too much respect for Danny's punching power. He was so scared to get hit he didn't do anything in the process. Once he felt he could deal with Danny's power he took the fight to him amd was successful.

Comment

I thought it was a good gameplan, outbox Garcia early on and then turn it up later. He should have brought the heat sooner but he still did enough to secure a victory in my and many other boxing fans' eyes.

Comment

Game plan was fine. Garcia did nothing all fight, and while Lamont didnt do much early either, he was still more active and enough a few early rounds. He made danny look like trash.

Comment

Lamont has been known to be a slow starter so it may have been the right move. What Lamont did the first 3 rounds or so was good and he had Garcia frustrated and befuddled. While some may say that Lamont did little, Garcia did even less. The ring generalship was Lamont's.

After those 3 first rounds is where Lamont got carried away with his early success and forgot that he still needed to punch enough to win the rounds. So it got away from him a bit in the middle rounds.

Then Lamont changed it up and took over the fight.

Comment

I think the gameplan was ok, but he really miscued when he should have started to apply pressure. He blew it with over estimating Garcia... which you can't fault he was pressuring the early 6 rounds to a point where Peterson was falling out of the ring... smh... His action Jackson B-Boy session was a joke, not to mention his atrocious sense of timing when he should be show boating. The crowd booing him the first time should have let him know, yeah I haven't done **** in 6 rounds.

When he looks back at the tape, he essentially gave the fight to Garcia. For him to win going into the last rounds he needed a KO.

I was looking forward to seeing both fighters, but Peterson's being "let out of the cage" in round 7, absolutely terrible game plan.

But it Pails in comparison to the 2 am drunk session on box nation though. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Lamont has been known to be a slow starter so it may have been the right move. What Lamont did the first 3 rounds or so was good and he had Garcia frustrated and befuddled. While some may say that Lamont did little, Garcia did even less. The ring generalship was Lamont's.

After those 3 first rounds is where Lamont got carried away with his early success and forgot that he still needed to punch enough to win the rounds. So it got away from him a bit in the middle rounds.

Then Lamont changed it up and took over the fight.
                  What he did for 3 he actually did for 6.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Ask yourself this. What round did Danny land a significant shot? Peterson may have lost more rounds. But he won the FIGHT. He still had energy for 3 or 4 more rounds.
                    Danny was landing the crisper, cleaner and harder blows in the early rounds. He may not have landed a huge amount of punches, but the ones he did land, were better than anything Peterson landed.

Also, what does "He still had energy for 3 or 4 rounds" supposed to mean? That's not a factor in scoring a fight

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Danny was landing the crisper, cleaner and harder blows in the early rounds. He may not have landed a huge amount of punches, but the ones he did land, were better than anything Peterson landed.

Also, what does "He still had energy for 3 or 4 rounds" supposed to mean? That's not a factor in scoring a fight
                      That actually underscores how absolutely ****e Barry's plan was. 3-4 rounds for what? to drink water and re-hydrate after the fight is over!!??! If that was the case dude should have gone balls out for the KO!

He's only clowning himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X