Al Haymon blew it!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    "How Richard Schaefer got into this I don't know,.........."

"Aside from that fairly obvious answer, the fact is that this is a thinly veiled attempt by him to create problems between me and my fighter. This, if you want to know the truth, is why fights don't happen now. I'll tell you why my fighter is on HBO, because HBO is where every major star in boxing has been made for the last 30 years. ...

"I just got sick of this. They're winning the public relations war, because HBO doesn't fight back for whatever reason. I guess it's their corporate policy. But HBO is the platform where the biggest stars are made and where the biggest fights happen. Look at the ratings of a guy like Abner Mares, who was built on Showtime, and compare that weak number to the ratings of a guy who was built on HBO. It's not even comparable."
    I've been saying this even before this Haymon/Stevenson marriage broke the news. The Haymon/Schaefer so-called "stacked stable" is a product of HBO's years of building up those stars inside that stable. Showtime is now the one reaping the rewards because these greedy clowns took it with them to SHO.

Showtime will sink eventually because of these greedy clowns.

Comment

They have an offer and an acceptance. The contract has all the necessary aspects of a contract.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...5865--box.html

All parties had a deal: HBO-Kovalev-Stevenson before Haymon came in the picture.

"Not long afterward, Stevenson hired Al Haymon, the high-powered manager with the ever-increasing stable. And it was from there that the deal to pit Stevenson and Kovalev crumbled. An HBO source said Haymon asked for 40 percent more than HBO had agreed upon to pay Stevenson. The same course said further than Haymon told the network he would only negotiate a one-fight deal, for Stevenson-Fonfara, and wouldn't talk about a potential bout with Kovalev even if HBO had agreed to the 40-percent increase."

So even if HBO agreed upon the 40% increased request, Haymon still wouldn't guarantee he would accept.

WOW!!!
        Al Haymon is a cherry Picker

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
          I've been saying this even before this Haymon/Stevenson marriage broke the news. The Haymon/Schaefer so-called "stacked stable" is a product of HBO's years of building up those stars inside that stable. Showtime is now the one reaping the rewards because these greedy clowns took it with them to SHO.

Showtime will sink eventually because of these greedy clowns.
          I have to agree with you on this.

After doing a bit of research, this whole thing started with GBP threatening to take their fighters to Showtime if they didn't get their way and if HBO didn't do what they asked of them. HBO was in the middle because Top Rank and GBP wanted some of the same dates. HBO made a decision and showed the Martinez-Chavez Jr fight instead of the Lopez-Canelo fight and things have been down hill ever since.

But all this initially kicked off because of the Mayweather-Pacquiao feud. Who would've ever thought that that one matchup would change the business side of boxing completely. Or the Mayweather-Arum feud would cause everyone to suffer across the board.

Comment

I have to agree with you on this.

After doing a bit of research, this whole thing started with GBP threatening to take their fighters to Showtime if they didn't get their way and if HBO didn't do what they asked of them. HBO was in the middle because Top Rank and GBP wanted some of the same dates. HBO made a decision and showed the Martinez-Chavez Jr fight instead of the Lopez-Canelo fight and things have been down hill ever since.

But all this initially kicked off because of the Mayweather-Pacquiao feud. Who would've ever thought that that one matchup would change the business side of boxing completely. Or the Mayweather-Arum feud would cause everyone to suffer across the board.
            It's really crazy the way things have unfolded the past few years with TR going to Showtime and now GBP is Showtime exclusive. Hershman going to HBO really ruined things IMO, because before Showtime was clearly a boxing fans network and HBO was home to both megafights and mega-bull**** showcases, and now its just a big mess.

Neither network would do something like the Super Six or the Batamweight Tourney anymore. Damn shame.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              It's really crazy the way things have unfolded the past few years with TR going to Showtime and now GBP is Showtime exclusive. Hershman going to HBO really ruined things IMO, because before Showtime was clearly a boxing fans network and HBO was home to both megafights and mega-bull**** showcases, and now its just a big mess.

Neither network would do something like the Super Six or the Batamweight Tourney anymore. Damn shame.
              When Mayweather left, HBO lost it and said they wouldn't do business with GBP at all.

Comment

GBP along with Haymon are trying to create a UFC type entity in boxing. Cut off from the rest of the industry. The writing is on the wall. What is GBP doing? All in house. Join us to escape the outside world.

I used to be on the fence about all this but I am starting to think GBP/Haymon are risking killing off this sport.

What bugs me the most about all this is there are still many here who feel that it is Arum who is keeping everything in house. They talk like he is the evil one.

We saw him put Bradley and Alvarado in against Provo. Was trying to get Manny and Marquez in the ring with him also. He is now willing to put Jr in with Golovkin.

I mean these are far from cherry picks. He seems willing to put his guys in with dangerous opponents from other promotional houses.
                Last edited by deanrw; 03-29-2014, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Wonder if these idiots might eventually compromise boxing as a whole being presented on one of these major networks. HBO Boxing is in a free fall at the moment. Can't believe the state they're in really. Ghastly situation.

Comment

"I just got sick of this. They're winning the public relations war, because HBO doesn't fight back for whatever reason. I guess it's their corporate policy. But HBO is the platform where the biggest stars are made and where the biggest fights happen. Look at the ratings of a guy like Abner Mares, who was built on Showtime, and compare that weak number to the ratings of a guy who was built on HBO. It's not even comparable."
                    Look at GBP's marquee fighters:
                    Zab Judah
                    Paulie Malignaggi
                    Bernard Hopkins
                    Adrien Broner
                    Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
                    Danny Garcia
                    Amir Khan
                    Marcos Maidana
                    Keith Thurman

All were built up from HBO. Who was made a star from Showtime?

Comment

Haymon was doing his best to make a Hopkins-Stevenson fight happen and not making Stevenson-kovalev because that would ruin Hopkins-Stevenson if Stevenson lost.

On another note, Hopkins should retire.

Comment

Working...
                      X