Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's September fight is going to have be vs a viable opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

granted khan isnt all there between the ears as a boxer....the dude cant transition from offense to defense and back smoothly.....but doesnt anyone else think khans tools at least present some difficulty to floyd if he can somehow put it together? i think khans tools present more of a problem for floyd than maidana

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
      simple solution to the *****ing....dont buy the fight.
      I'm not. I am also informing others its not going to worth it either.

Comment

Way more exciting then any floyd fight at all
        His choice.

It should be lara imo.

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
          I agree. Floyd should be selling us Danny Garcia even if Danny isnt ready.

By that I mean Danny is really good but I do not think he has hit his prime yet. I would still take Garcia fighting Floyd over Khan and Maidana.
          ya im scratching my head here really....cuz floyd/danny is logical....but danny, if hes looking for this fight in september...should prob be looking for a "sharmba mitchell" fight to test himself at 147 first....i think it would be strange for danny to go right to 147 in september....so i think danny is thinking more of may next year if at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
            Floyd dosen't really have any good options at 147, maybe maidana or garcia for september.
            Exactly. He is number 1 in the sport he needs to fight at a higher catch weight or 154. There is no one left at 147. Bradley and Pac thats it. Neither of those fights are happening so he needs to go up. Floyd's to good for his own good.

Comment

[QUOTE=tank17211;14224441]
              Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              ok. but since he hasn't announced who he is fighting yet, how do you reach the conclusion regarding the Sept fight?

don't you have to see who he fights in May and what happens in that fight before you have enough info?[/QUOTE

I think a lot people are scratching their heads that Floyd wanted Khan for all these months. The number p4p fighter in the sport is picking Amir Khan. Its makes business sense for Floyd but the public does not care about that we want to see competitive fights. This is the first time Floyd had to really sell the public an opponent. Their should be a demand for the fight not trying to sell us a fight.
              I would caution you here. Last time everyone was sold on Devon when it was ghost. Then a number of posters was sure it wouldn't be Canelo, and then it was.

We agree a floyd v khan fight is not a good fight. But you should wait until it is officially announced then you might have a better idea what happens in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by DrOfStyleSlick View Post
                ya im scratching my head here really....cuz floyd/danny is logical....but danny, if hes looking for this fight in september...should prob be looking for a "sharmba mitchell" fight to test himself at 147 first....i think it would be strange for danny to go right to 147 in september....so i think danny is thinking more of may next year if at all
                I dont think Garcia wants the fight right now.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Big Dunn;14224484]
                  Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                  I would caution you here. Last time everyone was sold on Devon when it was ghost. Then a number of posters was sure it wouldn't be Canelo, and then it was.

We agree a floyd v khan fight is not a good fight. But you should wait until it is officially announced then you might have a better idea what happens in Sept.
                  Floyd was trying to fight Devon but the fans didn't want it. My point is he wont be able to fight guys like Amir Khan and Maidana. Peope will expect foes that he has a chance of losing against.

Comment

There is a chance Floyd may not actually sign to fight Khan...but he views him as a viable opponent. Thats all that matters to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tank171211 View Post

Floyd was trying to fight Devon but the fans didn't want it. My point is he wont be able to fight guys like Amir Khan and Maidana. Peope will expect foes that he has a chance of losing against.
                      So you think floyd wanted to fight Devon instead of ghost and NSB talked him out of it?

Which fighters fit the criteria of "has a chance of losing against"?

Comment

Working...
                      X