Collapse
No announcement yet.

if mayweather jr fought in the 80's vs hagler, hurns & duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd most likely beats Duran at 147 and he most definitely does it at 154, to be fair with both parties it should take place at 135 where I'd pick Duran, Duran didn't have the same legs as he moved up, especially at 154.

Comment

Nobody knows the outcome of these fights but to say he gets outclassed or all three beat him easily is crazy as hell.

Comment

- Floyd would be taking many long long vacations.
        - If Floyd would be using the same promoters, he would say, I wanted to fight them but my promoter refused.
        - If Floyd would be using a different promoter, he would say, I can't come to agreements due to their promoter.
        - Floyd would be asking for "ALL PPV money" ... lol!

At first, Floyd fans would be shocked when hearing Floyd's excuses but after a couple of weeks, they would defend him and blame everyone else.

If they actually fought, can anyone see Floyd going from one war to the next? That is what constitutes a real ATG. You actually need to fight the best not just say it then never do it!!!

Comment

I dont get what this infatuation is with the past. Athletes today are bigger, faster, and stronger then in the past. But to answer the question Haglers too big for Floyd. SRL would loose rather easily to Floyd. After the no mas debacle why does Duran always receive the benefit of the doubt? If he were fighting today everybody would be calling Duran Victor Ortiz. Hearns matches up well against Floyd because of the height, jab, and the power right behind it.

Comment

Agreed with most of the above posters. Let me just emphasize, Hearns destroys Floyd at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
              if mayweather fought in the 80's
              how would he have favored against..
              hearns, hagler & duran?
              he would have never faced hagler. floyd is 16 yrs into his career now and hasn't fought above the 154 lb division.

he may have gotten hearns late in his career so his chances to win would be better but still difficult given Hearns recah advantage.

he would've gotten a prime duran in his prime which is the fight I most want to see. floyd has almost a 6 inch reach advantage so he would have been able to fight duran at a distance. I would pick floyd but its no given.

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
                if mayweather fought in the 80's
                how would he have favored against..
                hearns, hagler & duran?
                Sugar Ray Leonard would have knock him as he did to his Daddy. Hearns Hagalar Leonard, Duran all would have knock his butt out

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  Floyd most likely beats Duran at 147 and he most definitely does it at 154, to be fair with both parties it should take place at 135 where I'd pick Duran, Duran didn't have the same legs as he moved up, especially at 154.
                  Had trouble with Castillo and you have the nerve to say he'd beat Duran go back to Basketball blogs Boy

Comment

he'd get slaughtered and torn into minced meat. fighters back then were completely different to what we know today

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Floyd doesn't have the power to deal with any of them. He's not as constitutionally strong either and is a counter puncher first and that doesn't sit well for him as he gives up size and strength. Floyd would be a smaller version of Wilfred Benitez and although both a excellant counter move and counter punchers their lack of overall strength would be difficult to overcome!
                      Duran is about the same size but a prime Duran was a non stop animal and Floyd won't handle that pressure and good punch very well in my opinion.
                      He would never fight Hagler because Floyd wouldn't carry the weight needed very well. Floyd is barely 5'7" Leonard is 5'10" and is alot stronger than Floyd!
                      I believe theres a number of welters in the 40s thru the 60s that would defeat Floyd regularly. In an ATG discussion he'd have to be at 135-140lbs and that would be very tuff for him to be consistant. At welter he competes in the top 45 but as you get down to the top 25 he would have problems because of strength! Great counter work against less powerfull fighters has worked well for him but look at him when Oscar or Cotto added pressure and he backed off and stood straight up. Oscar had him beaten but wilted, Duran isn't going to wilt in his prime!! A terrific bout would be Floyd at 140 vs Prior!!!
                      Ray Corso

Comment

Working...
                      X