Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar De La Hoya -- "I Have My Flaws"

Oscar De La Hoya -- "I Have My Flaws"
    26 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Oscar De La Hoya checked himself into rehab voluntarily and tells TMZ he feels he will come out "a stronger, healthier person."

As TMZ first reported, De La Hoya entered a rehab facility in California sometime within the last few weeks. We're told De La Hoya is seeking help for substance abuse issues. A source close to the boxing legend tells us he has "voluntarily commenced proactive treatment to address certain health and personal issues."

De La Hoya issued a statement to TMZ that reads, "After doing an honest evaluation of myself, I recognize that there are certain issues that I need to work on. Like everyone, I have my flaws, and I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws.

"Throughout my career and my life, I have always met all challenges head-on, and this is no different. I am confident that with the support of my family and friends, I will become a stronger, healthier person.

"I ask for respect and privacy as my family and I go through this process."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/21/oscar-...-abuse-issues/

I'm glad Oscar is getting the help he needs.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with bettering yourself.

Good luck ODH.

Comment

im not sure but i think its for drinking.

Comment

I ain't mad at cha. Sometimes we have to confront our issues openly and honestly.

Comment

Good luck Oscar.

Comment

First step is admitting you have a problem. Good for him.

Comment

I'm hearing its benzo addiction or worse, oxy's

Comment

Damn I would have never thought Oscar had some kind of drug or alcohol problem. Well good for him, he gots a lot of good things going for him, it would be a damn shame to let some drug or alcohol mess it all up!

Comment

Good on you, Oskie. It takes a lot of courage to take that first step. Glad you did. Wish you well.

Comment

Working...
                    X