No announcement yet.

Religious people! Come in here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
    So you greet ideas that you have never heard of before (even if they are well established beliefs) by laughing at them?

Way to rush to judgement, nice one.
    Are you just trying your hardest to be an idiot? Seems so, I didn't say anything bad about his belief. Get over yourself dude, he asked a question and i'm answering it. If I thought what he said was funny then i'll laugh. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      I'm not an atheist, I just don't see how praying to god is going to fix anything.

The earth is pretty minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

It won't. However there are still billions of people who believe that's exactly that. How many times have you heard in the news about a family letting their kid die by not taking them to the hospital but instead praying for them in hope that the mysterious creature who supposedly hasn't appeared for centuries will come in aid specifically for them becasue they have been praying for him all their life. That is akin to murder and should have the same jurisdictions put on it.
      Last edited by Repeddled; 01-01-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Are you just trying your hardest to be an idiot? Seems so, I didn't say anything bad about his belief. Get over yourself dude, he asked a question and i'm answering it. If I thought what he said was funny then i'll laugh. SMH
        Fine, as long as you don't mind us laughing at your beliefs.

Comment

So did god wipe out the dinosaurs to help us come into existence? Why should a species which evolved from apes be so important to him?

What about other animals? Does god answer their prayers too? 'God' is the creator of life, why does he have to be any more to you?

Comment

Originally posted by dodmoor View Post
            It won't. However there are still billions of people who believe that's exactly that. How many times have you heard in the news about a family letting their kid die by not taking them to the hospital but instead praying for them in hope that the mysterious creature who supposedly hasn't appeared for centuries will come in aid specifically for them becasue they have been praying for him all their life. That is same as murder and should have the same jurisdictions put on it.
            Exactly. Green k.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlechicken View Post
              I find it amazing that the same people that study evolution and the human brain can argue for the non-existance of a god.

The soul inside you, your emotions and your feelings might be just eletric impulses but nevertheless they are way to complex and simply fantastic so be a creation entire out of coincidence. I donīt believe in god but find total atheists to be ignorant and small-minded.
              If you don't believe in God then surely you are an atheist, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
                Fine, as long as you don't mind us laughing at your beliefs.
                I could care less if you laughed or not. People have been laughing at Christianity since before i was even thought of and they will still laugh at it after i'm gone unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  So i'm a religious nut cause I talked about God? It seems as if you're the one brainwashed my friend. In what is it that I said that was religious? Do you even know what the word means? I'm not religious at all dude. Do I believe in God, of course I do. Do I believe in his written word which is called the Bible, of course. Just because you're trying to find your reasons to reject God(much like the rest of the world) doesn't make him any less real. Do I think we are the only ones in the universe, yes. Aside from God, his angels, the devil, demons. Why do I think God cares about me? I think that question in and of itself is dumb. That's like saying why do your parents care about you, or why would you care about your kid. He cares because He mad you.
                  Why do you believe in what is written in the bible?

And then believe we are the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe at the same time? Science indicates that there may be as much as 38,000 INTELLIGENT species in our Galaxy, not bacteria, intelligent lifeforms. Scientists believe there may also be life forms in our own Solar Systems, in oceans on moons orbiting planets or possibly on Pluto. Then think there is an estimated 200 billion galaxies in the universe.

It's very narrow minded to think we are the only creatures in such a big universe, very selective of you to believe in the bible and not science.

Originally posted by Littlechicken View Post
                  I find it amazing that the same people that study evolution and the human brain can argue for the non-existance of a god.

The soul inside you, your emotions and your feelings might be just eletric impulses but nevertheless they are way to complex and simply fantastic so be a creation entire out of coincidence. I donīt believe in god but find total atheists to be ignorant and small-minded.

I believe in a 'god', I just don't believe in the kind of god these religious people do.

They close their eyes and picture a bearded huge man with open arms.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    So did god wipe out the dinosaurs to help us come into existence? Why should a species which evolved from apes be so important to him?

What about other animals? Does god answer their prayers too? 'God' is the creator of life, why does he have to be any more to you?
                    Quick question, have you ever read the Bible. In it, it talks about dinosaurs but obviously it doesn't all them that. I think it was around the mid or late 1800's when that word was given to them. But to answer your other question, according to the Bible God made us. We didn't evolve from any ape or other beast, He mad man in His image. Animals don't have a conscience to pray so God answering their prayers doesn't make sense. If you have any other questions i'd be happy to answer them.

Comment

People fail to realise that the Bible along with other religious books were written by 'HUMANS' not God himself , not his messenger or prophet whatever but people who were considered wise men back then penned fabricated stories from story tellers.

The fact that to this day people still use a 2000 year old book as an umbrella to guide them in life fascinates me to an extent but it also makes me sad and question the gullibility and stupidity of the human race.

Comment

Working...
                      X