Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clottey-Pacquiao:I see Clottey leaving Manny a bloody mess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really doubt Clottey beats Pacquiao, he can surely give him some trouble, but I think he's going to be screwed in the late rounds.

I wonder how Manny's huge head will hold up against Clottey's sharp double edge forehead.

Comment

Poor writing.

But like I've been saying all along. Clottey has a very good chance of winning. People are overlooking him way too much in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Amadla Ngawethu View Post
        http://www.************.com/2010/02/...a-bloody-mess/

By Esteban Garduno: Too many boxing fans are giving WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao way too much credit for his recent wins over Miguel Cotto, Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton, and seem to be using those wins as reasons for why Pacquiao will beat challenger Joshua Clottey on March 13th when they meet up at the Dallas Cowboy Stadium, in Arlington, Texas. If those fighters – all come forward types that were made for Pacquiao – were still fighting in their prime and were actually fighting well at the time that they had fought Pacquiao, maybe I would drink the Kool-aid along with Manny’s fans and start seeing Pacquiao as the real deal.

But I have to say that Cotto looked like a shell of his former self at the time that he was selected for a fight against Pacquiao. Why was Cotto selected after getting his head torn off by Antonio Margarito a year earlier in an 11th round stoppage loss and then looking absolutely horrible in a questionable 12 round split decision win over Clottey in June 2009. Pacquiao’s team chose Cotto even after those bad performances.

They could have opted for a fight against Shane Mosley, who had trounced Cotto conqueror Margarito by a 9th round stoppage in January 2009. Why wasn’t Mosley picked as an opponent given that he beat the guy that destroyed Cotto? If you listen to excuses by Pacquiao fans, they point out that Cotto beat Mosley three years ago in 2007 by a 12 round decision. However, I’ve seen that fight and I along with many others feel that Mosley should have won that bout.

Cotto was running the last four rounds of the fight and looked badly tired and in the survival mode as Mosley took the fight to him. But even if that had been a dominating performance against Mosley instead of a questionable decision, I still think Mosley was the better option for Pacquiao simply because Cotto didn’t look like the same fighter as he did before by the time he got past Clottey by a narrow decision last year.

Okay, so I think the choice of Cotto as opponent seemed to be a case of picking a named fighter who was beatable and on the downside of his career. I see it as the equivalent of fighting an old toothless lion. I think Cotto will be beaten in his next fight by Yuri Foreman and that will pretty much confirm my belief that he was a shot fighter at the time that he was selected for a fight against Pacquiao.

Ricky Hatton really never did prove that he was the best fighter in the light welterweight in my eyes, so I don’t see why a win over him means anything. Hatton went life and death in his prime against an old, rusty, weight drained Kostya Tszyu in 2005, a fight in which Hatton pretty much mugged Tszyu all night long with wrestling on the inside. But beyond that, Hatton never fought guys like Junior Witter, Timothy Bradley, Kendall Holt, Ricardo Torres, Devon Alexander, and Marcos Maidana, all of which I think would have beaten him if Hatton had actually fought them.

Hatton was easily beaten by Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a 10th round stoppage loss in 2007. After that defeat, Hatton continued to go after beatable fighters, taking on Juan Lazcano and Paulie Malignaggi instead of fighting the more dangerous top guys who can actually punch. Overall, I saw Hatton as being a top 10 fighter, but the bottom 10 guy at the time that Pacquiao fought him, not a number #1 fighter. I think Bradley would have beaten Pacquiao, and I would give Alexander, Torres, Holt and Maidana a good chance of beating him too.

What can you say about Pacquiao’s win over Oscar De La Hoya in 2008? De la Hoya was 35 at the time, badly weight drained from a poorly put together diet, and having lost three out of his last six fights. De La Hoya had fought only four fights in the past four years going into the fight with Pacquiao. Basically, De La Hoya was a semi-retired fighter at that the time that he fought Pacquiao, and it was insane for him to take the fight at all, let alone at a weight draining 147.

Clottey may be a defective fighter like many people have pointed out, but I think he’s got an excellent chance of giving Pacquiao a huge beating and walking away with his WBO welterweight title in the process. Clottey hasn’t been dodging the best fighters in the division his entire career, isn’t old and weight drained, and isn’t coming off a fight in which his head was nearly torn off.

Clottey obviously is badly flawed and not nearly in the class of Mosley, Andre Berto or Floyd Mayweather, but he won’t need to be. His chin will keep him in the fight long enough for him to give Pacquiao a terrible thrashing. I don’t know if he’ll win a decision over Pacquiao, because I’m not sure if that’s possible after watching Pacquiao’s two fights with Juan Manuel Marquez, but I think Clottey will give Pacquiao a terrible beating in the fight
        Did they let you use the tribal computer to write that?

Comment

It doesn't matter what people think now, I thought Dela Hoya, Hatton, and Cotto was going to beat Pac and they all fail so i'm a believer in Pac now.

Comment

Some people just don't like to hear the truth but in reality that bad habit could turn out to be a blessing. I mean so many are saying that Clottey just don't match up and don't have the skills to beat Pacquaio but I know as well as many other fans know that that's farthest from the truth. All in all I like the negative stance they are taking with Clottey because when he wins (by the way he is going to win this fight) then what does that make Pacquiao. If Clottey is so limited and he beats the superhero Pacquaio then where does that leave Pacman and all the accomplishments he brought into the ring. You see...the the higher you raise something the more drastic the fall is going to be. The writing is on the wall for Pacquiao's career and mark my words...Team Pacquiao and Bob Arum picked the wrong guy this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
              Did they let you use the tribal computer to write that?
              reported for racism

Comment

Why would you make victory any sweeter for these ****ing *******s by bigging up Clottey as an actual threat? He's basic and predictable just like Roach said, just like I've been saying. Pacquiao is gonna beat the **** out of him.

Comment

There is no way Clottey beats Pac much less leave him a bloody mess. This fight will be a 9 round TKO for Pac. Pac will beat Clottey easily but because of Clottey's toughness the ref will have to stop the fight.

Just as a reminder did you guys forget that Cotto dropped Clottey with a flash KO and couldn't affect Manny with the bombs he landed on him or when Cotto had Clottey in the corner T'ing off on him. What the hell do you guys expect to happen when Pac drops those laser bombs on Clottey and he curls up in that shell defense and refuse to throw any punches from it like he always does lets be serious people.

Clottey is about to fight a much faster, harder punching, better stamina, vastly greater chin version of Cotto in Pac.
                  Last edited by Championart; 02-24-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
                    Poor writing.

But like I've been saying all along. Clottey has a very good chance of winning. People are overlooking him way too much in this fight.
                    Sorry bro but Clottey is way too falt footed, stationary, not busy enough and too feather fisted to beat pac

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                      It doesn't matter what people think now, I thought Dela Hoya, Hatton, and Cotto was going to beat Pac and they all fail so i'm a believer in Pac now.
                      You thought Hatton was going to beat Pac? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X