Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Books You'd Recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if he finally admits to the rape he was convicted for in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Don't know if everyone was aware but there is a huge library of boxing books(downloadable) in the thread below.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=604937

Not sure if all the links still work but the thread is still active and the OP would probably replace any dead links.
      Pretty good. I just downloaded 11 of those books I hope to get to.

Comment

Facing Tyson Ted Kluck

Read this book a few times, basically every chapter is by a person who fought tyson but it tells their story and what was going on in their life around that time and is really well written.

Their story merges with Tysons and is so well told, can really recommend, get to read about fighters hardly knew anything about like Pinklon Thomas etc

Comment

I already did a fast read of the Greb book Give Him To The Angels, if that was even precisely the title. Who cares? It was Okay. The writer was no Norman Mailer. Only the fighting parts held my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Wonder if he finally admits to the rape he was convicted for in this one.
            I doubt it. He admits to a lot of things he isn't proud of but he is steadfast that he didn't rape Desiree Washington.

Comment

Then maybe it started out as consensual or maybe she was just too afraid to say no at the time. Either way, he did it.

Comment

One book I downloaded--Hands By Way Of Stone--wasn't the recent movie on Duran with Deniro as Arcel based on that book?

Anyway, I read it. Quite good. Long, too.

Comment

For example I was reading a book from the very early 1900's and learned from a British boxing coach that "guys often do not throw their weight into their punches and use the mufflers (gloves) in such a way that hits are not accurate nor thrown with proper technique." Even in those days people had problems buckling down and accurately hitting a target with power because....

BOXING has changgggged so much!!!

If the coach lived back then hows he
                  gonna know guys often do not throw their weight into their punches and use the mufflers (gloves) in such a way that hits are not accurate nor thrown with proper technique." Even in those days people had problems buckling down and accurately hitting a target

Hitting a moving target or a stationary one?
                  This comment makes no sense if somebody said something that was
                  convoluted i would ask for clarification.

use the mufflers (gloves) in such a way that hits are not accurate..
                  How many ways can you use gloves.
                  ER

English invented it But Americans evolved it.

Comment

Sugar Ray (Robinson), Hands of Stone, Four King's, The Big Fight My Story (Sugar Ray Leonard), Mike Tyson Undisputed Truth. Some of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I've been reading more as of late & looking to add some more boxing books to my reading list. Anything you found good, interesting &/or informative for a boxing fan?
                      Not necessarily a boxing book but nevertheless a good read

Comment

Working...
                      X