Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other boxers use Everlast MX gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first had been tampered with they werent in original packaging i recall them saying they were wrapped in plastic wrap u use in the kitchen - that was the first red flag gloves shoulda be opened in front of everyone - after that debacle floyd say no to the MX

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Whats so hard to understand that they tried to cheat him by removing padding from the gloves , would you be obliging to people wishes that try that in a professional fight .

Floyd let Cotto use MX gloves its got nothing to do with the MX gloves and a awful lot to do with what they tried to do .
      i am so misinformed. i thought the drama was during the glove selection process where the glove brand representative would bring the gloves on the table where both teams would select gloves and inspect each other choice gloves. im not aware that the gloves are brought in a secluded place. how dare maidana remove the padding.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
        What source reported the gloves as being defected?

My understanding of the issue was that both of the gloves were the same and the only difference was the color.

That is what the everlast rep who was present at the meeting said.
        I'm pretty sure I read it here on boxingscene, in an article.. May have been espn, but the early reports said there was some sort of glove defect.. Afterwards when Floyd complained about the 2nd gloves that was ok'd by commission, that's when the stories leaked out about the Maidana camp stripping the gloves. But there was no investigation, suspension, hearings, etc. which leads me to believe the first defective glove story.. My suspicion is that the only defect was they weren't in the original plastic, that's about the only legit detail that has come out about the defective gloves

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I'm pretty sure I read it here on boxingscene, in an article.. May have been espn, but the early reports said there was some sort of glove defect.. Afterwards when Floyd complained about the 2nd gloves that was ok'd by commission, that's when the stories leaked out about the Maidana camp stripping the gloves. But there was no investigation, suspension, hearings, etc. which leads me to believe the first defective glove story.. My suspicion is that the only defect was they weren't in the original plastic, that's about the only legit detail that has come out about the defective gloves
          Fair enough, I will personally believe the everlast rep who was there at the time, Floyd was just pulling his bs mind games.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
            Fair enough, I will personally believe the everlast rep who was there at the time, Floyd was just pulling his bs mind games.
            My whole point is that I never thought Maidana tried to cheat by stripping gloves..

Everlast guy is probably 100% correct! but I highly doubt he would ever claim that his company would supply a defective glove, if that was the case..

Either way Floyd is being a diva about these gloves

Comment

Working...
            X