No announcement yet.

Question on Fight Strategy and making fighting more predictable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Fight Strategy and making fighting more predictable

I'm just learning about mma/boxing strategy and I'm really fascinated by the ability to take away certain options from your opponent thereby making the fight a little more predictable.

This video talks about how fighting is about controlling variables and not luck. I especially like how at 7:20 it is explained how the stance lowered the available options thus given the defensive person less offensive attacks to worry about. This made countering and evaded easier

Youtube Title: Charley Burley: Analyzing Genius

I know this is in the context of game but skip to 1:11 He also speaks on how he tries to setup a situation where only few attacks are available making it easier for you to evade and capitalize when they are attacked

Youtube Title : UFC Undisputed 3 - Fighting Strategy

In this video he talks about using the geometry of the octagon in making the fight more predictable for you attack your opponent. In this case you are limiting the options of the opponent to make you attacks more likely to score

Youtube Title : Dragon's Den MMA Charity Training Event, Episode 3, Fight Strategy with Coach Greg Jackson

Does anyone have good source information on controlling variables in fight(mma/boxing)? Books, web sites, Blogs would be great.
Working...
X