Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Rees pull a Calzaghe-Lacy type upset on Broner, or is at even fight, or mismatch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe had Lacy beaten after Round 1. If you watch it, Joe celebrates the victory at the end of the round.

Comment

Americans are the worst for overhyping their guys

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        the actual odds were almost dead even. when money was on the line people didn't trust lacy or calzaghe since both were unproven.
        That's crazy....I remember I had a poker game at my house and 10 other guys all put money on Lacy, I cleaned up that night.

Comment

A Rees win is possible but highly unlikely. I would call it a mismatch but I don't blame Broner for taking the fight. Some of the other top lightweights already had fights and Rees is in the top ten. The lightweights are sort of weak right now and Broner stands out as the best. April and Bogere would give Broner some competition but they are fighting each other and the same goes for Burns and Vazquez.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            That's crazy....I remember I had a poker game at my house and 10 other guys all put money on Lacy, I cleaned up that night.
            ok well i'm talking official money line odds from vegas etc..yeah there's anecdotal evidence that a lot of people wanted lacy to win but the actual odds were even.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Broner is a punk who is also overlooking Rees to a massive degree.
              not really. he's super-assured because he knows that the guy in front of him is cannon fodder, even if he claims not to have watched tape. he knows what he's up against.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint G Groves View Post
                Americans are the worst for overhyping their guys
                bit like you saying Joe has an easy night with Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                  Why is everyone acting so stupid when it coes to this fight? How many threads do we need reminding us what EVERYONE knows Rees is overmatched. Its a stay busy. The hell is wrong with people.
                  Be careful pal, its still a fight, and if Rees lands ill haunt you hahahhaahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                    Be careful pal, its still a fight, and if Rees lands ill haunt you hahahhaahaha
                    if Rees lands, Broner smiles and rips Rees to head and body.

Comment

I think the best to be expected from Rees is a UD loss with him winning a few rounds on the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X