Collapse
No announcement yet.

there will never be another mike tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There may never be another Mike Tyson, but I'd settle for another George Foreman. Far too many of today's fighters - and I use the term generously - treat boxing as if it were a marathon; they're content to go the distance and place their fate in the hands of the judges. The few exceptions are those with the Tysonesque goal of disposing of their opponents ASAP.

I subscribe to the concept that the best defense is good offense. As it's written in THE GOLDEN RULE OF BOXING: Do unto others before they do unto you.

Last edited by Panamaniac; 12-29-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      been watching his fights.he turned pro at 18 & in exactly 2 years he was 29-0 & won his 1st world title. by the time he went to prison he was 24 years old 41-1 & had been undisputed HW champion & had been in 11 world title fights. he was on the cusp of a holyfield title fight after beating ruddock twice in eliminators but then he went to prison. when he returned he was never the same. he was 11-5 post prison & still got in 5 title shots but those were all because of who he was & not what he had done. after prison his best win was either botha, golota or bruno. i choose to remember the great tyson before prison because after he was living off of past glory. what he did by 24 will never be matched again in the HW division. other then ALI there has never been a boxer who was headline news in every paper & not just the front of the sports page. he was truly a phenom who didn't accomplish as must as he could have if he didn't go to prison & live such a troubled life.
      Actually he was 9-5 after prison. The Norris and Golota fights were no contests. But yeah, he's a favorite fighter of mine as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Actually he was 9-5 after prison. The Norris and Golota fights were no contests. But yeah, he's a favorite fighter of mine as well.
          you are correct...positive test for pot following golota & i havent got to the norris fight yet. i can't recall the reason for the no contest. it's been a few years since i watched it. watch it later.

Comment

i don't think he had much of amateur career either. only like 17 fights or something like that. i think he was 15-2...could be wrong though

Comment

Working...
            X