Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most underrated wins of ATG fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
    I got mad respect for Floyd Mayweather as far as his boxing skills. But, I was watching the Gatti fight last night and I noticed something. Whenever theres some sort of pause in the action or the guy looks the other way Floyd attacks. It was the same s**t he did in the Ortiz fight. To me, thats just not cool..
    I actually like that.

I love that mean, cold hearted mentality. It's like, it's a fight, anything goes. If you take your eye off the ball when time is in then you're going to pay. One lapse of concentration and you're paying for it.

It goes well with his villain role aswell.

Comment

^ I like it too. I'd to see more fighters do that, not the Sugar Shane "We're pals. Let's tap gloves 50x so you don't hurt me too bad" s hit.

Comment

I got mad respect for Floyd Mayweather as far as his boxing skills. But, I was watching the Gatti fight last night and I noticed something. Whenever theres some sort of pause in the action or the guy looks the other way Floyd attacks. It was the same s**t he did in the Ortiz fight. To me, thats just not cool..
        There's nothing wrong with that, the aim of the game is to hit and not get hit, and capitalise on your opponent's mistakes. If they let their guard down and he hits them, that's their fault, he's just doing his job. Ortiz got what he deserved against Floyd. People want to talk about sportsmanship. Sportsmanship went out the window when Victor Ortiz started headbutting. Ortiz kept breaking the rules, and Floyd made him pay within the rules, yet Floyd was painted as the villain. It just goes to show you how much people hate him. 99.9% of boxers would have done exactly the same thing in both situations. People need to realise that boxing is the hurt business and you are supposed to protect yourself at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I actually like that.

I love that mean, cold hearted mentality. It's like, it's a fight, anything goes. If you take your eye off the ball when time is in then you're going to pay. One lapse of concentration and you're paying for it.

It goes well with his villain role aswell.
          I guess it's a little sad Riddick Bowe missed his opportunity to get in a shot or two when fan-man came up on the apron. He may have even scored a KO as Holyfield was very distracted. He should have had his hands up...

Comment

I guess it's a little sad Riddick Bowe missed his opportunity to get in a shot or two when fan-man came up on the apron. He may have even scored a KO as Holyfield was very distracted. He should have had his hands up...
            Was time in at that point?

Comment

Not even close to being the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Not even close to being the same thing.
                I specifically said "When time is in" in my post and the guy brings up the fan-man incident.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I specifically said "When time is in" in my post and the guy brings up the fan-man incident.
                  Yeah, a ridiculous comparison.

Comment

If you watch the tape of that incident, you'll see that Holyfield started backing up very quickly when that happened. I remember seeing Holyfield back up sharply before I (watching on live TV) knew what was going on. Bowe never had the opportunity that you speak of. And if you think it is sad that Bowe didn't get to beat Holyfield with a cheap shot, you can always enjoy the tape of Riddick clocking Mathis Jr. when he was down and not getting rightly dq'd for it. Or the press conference when low class Bowe cheap shotted Larry Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      If you watch the tape of that incident, you'll see that Holyfield started backing up very quickly when that happened. I remember seeing Holyfield back up sharply before I (watching on live TV) knew what was going on. Bowe never had the opportunity that you speak of. And if you think it is sad that Bowe didn't get to beat Holyfield with a cheap shot, you can always enjoy the tape of Riddick clocking Mathis Jr. when he was down and not getting rightly dq'd for it. Or the press conference when low class Bowe cheap shotted Larry Donald.
                      I was never a fan of Bowe and the Larry Donald incident made me dislike him even more.

Comment

Working...
                      X