Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apollo Creed's son making his big sceen debut this year in "Creed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Roberto Duran movie comes out next year, that should be good.

They should do one on Jack Johnson or Sugar Ray Robinson. Both have fantastic stories and lifestyles that could make a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Maybe its just not as interesting because we see current big names like Thurman, Maidana, and Broner and all they do is probably fish, farm, or go to night clubs.

Also its always some type of puncher/slugger main focus. I know we have the tech to somehow make a fighting style like Pep or Whitaker's look cool on big screen, it can't turn out that bad.

It might be far fetched but maybe a movie on a amateur boxer fighting his way towards a gold medal.
      When a good director takes a boxing movie, it will be good probably. They always have these cheesy cliche directors taking boxing movies. I mean Jake Gyllenhaal is a very good actor, and he looks corny as hell here. You'll only as good as your writing as an actor. I mean look at his reaction in the corner when he's like "LETTTT'S GOOO!!!"......just corny as all hell.

It's all about the script and director. Unfortunately all these boxing scripts are cheesy and cliche.

Comment

The Roberto Duran movie comes out next year, that should be good.

They should do one on Jack Johnson or Sugar Ray Robinson. Both have fantastic stories and lifestyles that could make a good movie.
        They should do this as well.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=580253

Comment

I don't like that Tony Bellew is in this movie

Comment

You know what was a hair raising moment in a boxing film to me?

Tyson with Michael Jai White playing Iron Mike.

It's about 15-20 minutes into the film, but he is in the locker room getting ready for the Jr. Olympics. (Take it easy, Annie.)

He is in there talking about he is scared, and then ends up destroying a locker with a left hook. Music in the background rising up as he walks out to face his opponent.

It's perfect.

Comment

Did this **** actually happen?

Comment

dope trailer

Comment

Did this **** actually happen?

Oh, I'm touched.

No clue how real it was, but I bet it was pretty wild being around Tyson's world back in the mid to late 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    I don't like that Tony Bellew is in this movie
                    Bellew is such a massive prick in real life, he doesn't need to do any acting for his role as the main protagonist.

Comment

Creed looks really good, I'll pass on Southpaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X