Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Chris Algieri beat Floyd Mayweather's Last 5 Opponents at 147, except Pacquaio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Floyd fans are in disarray

Inadvertently admitting Floyd is cherrypicking his next opponent

You've been in disarray since May 2nd so I don't care who he fights next.

Comment

New & improved? Loooooooool. Algieri is still doodoo butter.

Comment

what does it matter if he does? Hes now fought everybody that ppl wanted him to fight. Anyone that Floyd picks will be considered a "cherry pick" by some percentage of people.

Comment

Though Algeri had a hell of a fight against Khan, this is a Khan that most believe is over hyped and also seems to be declining wise of his physical gifts. Khan hasn't shown any real power at Welterweight and doesn't seem to have done very well learning. The fact also remains, Algeri was game but is very slow at welterweight, not very coordinated, and doesn't have a great defense... Let's not forget about lack of power.

Now just because Algeri put in work against Khan and made the man stumble with a couple clean punches; don't forget is was against a man with a questionable chin since day 1... Personally I wouldn't give Algeri a chance against weak hearted Ortiz. I personally always found Ortiz better than Provodinkov but with less heart. Guerrero would give Algeri one hell of a fight and probably win a wide Ud. Cotto... Come on! Alvarez would pummel Khan and Algeri. Miadana by KO. I would even give Mosley a chance to KO Khan and pull a UD against Algeri.

The question being how would Algeri do against Pacmans former opponents and if looked at Algeri would have a greater chance against Rios, and Bradley than against Miadana and Alvarez. In fact I would give Algeri a win against Rios and a close fight with Bradley but KO loses to Miadana and Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            JMM can't fight off the front foot and Algieri has the reach and movement to keep him at bay.
            That is completely false and you obviously haven't followed JMMs career very well. He takes Algieri to school in a slightly less dominant version of the Pac fight. Marquez and Pacquiao are more equal in skill than people realize.

As for the poll question. Algieri beats none of them. Pacquiao was Floyd's easiest fight outside of the Marquez fight and he steam rolled Algieri. Pacs defense in that fight was terrible but it didnt matter because Algieri did not have the power or experience to hurt him.

Floyd makes good/great fighters look like C fighters. Don't be fooled.

Comment

So Floyd is about to fight a guy who barely beat a guy who gets destroyed by all those guys?

Ok lmao
              I hope not

Comment

I want a Cotto rematch,but honestly i dont care who he fights in Sept if it is his last fight,he can fight the janitor if he wants he has earned it

Comment

Algeri is so uncoordinated,he looks like a rusty robot when he moves

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

Maidana - He puts him back in the cage
                    Guerrero - I'd pick Guerrero
                    Victor Ortiz - who gives a ****, its Victor Ortiz
                    Shane Mosley - I'd hope Chris can win
                    Juan Manuel Marquez - Marquez

and we outta here

Comment

Fat Blown up Marquez - Algieri beats him
                      Ortiz - Algieri beats him
                      Shane - Shane by K.O or puffs out