Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do You Place Rocky Marciano in Your Heavyweight Top 10?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do You Place Rocky Marciano in Your Heavyweight Top 10?

He beat a faded Joe Louis, Roland La Starza & Joe Walcott twice.

Admittedly Archie Moore and Ezzard Charles were on the downside and former middleweights, but they still fought and performed at heavyweight for a spell.

Thoughts?

Not even in my top 30 and that's generous. Realistically, more like top 50.

Every name he fought was done, stick a fork in them.

Comment

Number one easily.

Comment

Nobody has these written down lists so they take a minute to think about it and then give you an answer. It's not like they carefully compared all the best heavyweights of the last 100 plus years with each other. I know I have never made these kinds of lists. I think he was probably one of the 15 best heavyweights of all time. I would also rate him the best light heavyweight of all time even though he never fought at that weight. Rocky often weighed in at 180 to 185 pounds in street clothes after a hearty breakfast. He could have weighed in striped down on an empty stomach and easily made 175.

Comment

Marciano is the GOAT.

Comment

There dey go, theeere dey go........

Comment

9th or 10th.

Comment

I have him ahead of the likes of Joe Frazier, M.Tyson, Holyfield and Larry Holmes however I don't have him in the top ten.

Comment

Somewhere behind Wlad and Vitali

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    I have him ahead of the likes of Joe Frazier, M.Tyson, Holyfield and Larry Holmes however I don't have him in the top ten.
                    You don't have Larry Holmes in your top 10??? That is absurd...

Back to topic, Marciano would be anywhere from 10-15 I'm not sure... I don't think anybody can criticize the Klitschkos for having a weak division then defend Rockys!

Comment

Working...
                    X