Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman is OUT, Cosme Rivera is IN...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joan Guzman is OUT, Cosme Rivera is IN...

After ongoing negotiations and with both fighters’ camps in agreement, the WBA did not approve the Joan Guzman vs. Vicente Mosquera bout for their title and that was the only way besides monetary compensation that Mosquera would fight Guzman with the weight difference. Promoter Tuto Zabala Jr. had veteran Cosme Rivera standing by as a backup, so Mosquera will now face Rivera in a non-title ten round bout at welterweight. Rivera has appeared on Boxeo Telemundo nine times in his career.
    not sure what the rules are for posting news/links or whatever but f!ghtnews is the source

Good. Guzman DOES NOT deserve a payday.

Comment

Happy for Cosme but disappointed in Guzman. I have stood by this cun.t for years and took so much stick, hes impossible to defend.

Comment

Good..........

Comment

The only sensible option. I'm a huge Guzman fan but he can't keep doing this. What has happened to his career is such a shame. I feel really bad for him, though I know its his fault

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I wonder if this is standard practice or because they knew fatty Guzman does this on the regular

Comment

Clown shoes.

Comment

So greatful for this. I despise Guzman.

Comment

He deserves it. 8 ****ing pounds. SMH.

Comment

And yet Guzman continues to dissapoint fans with his inconsistent career

Comment

Working...
                    X