Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reason why Pacquiao was ahead on the scorecards.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlaloc View Post
    He's always ahead weather he is winning or not!
    No Marquez is not always ahead. They're always even, just because PAC stlye is unorthodox and he always looks amateurish don't mean Marquez is always ahead. PAC always gave Marquez hell, vice versa. It's just PAC is stylistically made for Marquez.
    Last edited by MakeItRain; 02-02-2013, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
      Fair enough but you could also argue the point that if Pac wasn't so aggressive trying to make a statement, that he wouldn't have gotten KO'd and won on points anyway.
      No because the reason why he was winning on points was because he was so aggressive.

Comment

Pacquiao "Knock me out and you win!"

Comment

I'm sure Manny studied the tapes and saw he was much more successful against Marquez in his aggressive reckless style, pretty much his approach in the first 2 fights. He did well in the 4th fight banking in the rounds, he committed a ton of errors, was off balance, still disregarded Marquez's power after the first knock down because in his mind he felt Marquez wasn't gonna stop him, he had that type of belief in his durability but surprisingly we all saw how that ended.

I'm not even gonna lie, I made a thread saying Pacquiao should fight more aggressive as I never would have expected Marquez to stop him, I was right in the success Pacquiao would have but look how it ended. Manny is a strong dude mentally, I don't think that knock out will make him more tentative if they meet a 5th time but I'm certain Marquez wins again, don't know the fashion but he'll win.

Comment

when the heat was turned up in this fight, Marquez definitely stood his ground more with Pacquiao than he ever has - because he was bent on knocking Pacquiao out this time. he knew he would get openings and he believed in the power he'd developed.

Marquez dared to gamble, and he won big. it was the kind of gamble that only Great ones can pull off at that level.

Comment

Well considering Pac won 3 fights against JMM why does a thread need to be made about why Pac was ahead on the scorecards in the fourth fight, why was he ahead in the other 3 fights as well then.?

The judges think Pac is a better fighter thats why.

Comment

Marquez got the KO win but Pacquiao was slightly ahead before the KO because he did some good fighting. Marquez did not have to trade with Pacquiao, he chose to do so. The two men are about the same size and Pacquiao has no big advantage at 147. Marquez is older but both men are past prime. Marquez won. Be happy for him. Don't take away Pacquiao's only plus, that he was doing well before the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  when the heat was turned up in this fight, Marquez definitely stood his ground more with Pacquiao than he ever has - because he was bent on knocking Pacquiao out this time. he knew he would get openings and he believed in the power he'd developed.

Marquez dared to gamble, and he won big. it was the kind of gamble that only Great ones can pull off at that level.
                  You're right. Even when pac got his KD against Marquez, Marquez immediately answered back with a vicious right that turned pacquiao side ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    No because the reason why he was winning on points was because he was so aggressive.
                    Theres a difference between being aggressive and being reckless aggressive. When pacquiao was defensively minded aggressive, he was really getting marquez into trouble. Marquez was beginning to look old and slow. Then pacquiao got into fight mode, and became reckless. Coming in with his hands down, just wanting to exchange. Marquez is too good to get reckless against, and pac got caught.

Comment

The reason Marquez won the fight is because he knocked Pacquiao the **** out and the world watched him twitching on the canvas.

Comment

Working...
                      X