No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu Talks Hatton, Career, Povetkin, Lebedev, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
    It was a VERY credible win for Hatton...I give him props on that...plus he was expected to be knocked cold in a matter of rounds...

However, many talk as if Hatton destroyed Tsyzu...I actually believe Kostya was coming back and countering well in the second half of the fight before Hatton kept the pace up and the fight ended...

I personally remember having the fight just about even
    Hatton took his soul, he made him quit which is far worse than simply losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      "the referee forgot to see all of Hatton's dirty tricks" sounds like an excuse to me.
      Excuse?

That's what you call an excuse? Think you need to go watch the fight mate.

Tszyu's boxing soul was already gone before/going into that fight. It just took someone like Hatton to make it come out in a hard fight. Bit like Chavez when he was toward the end. It just suddenly doesn't seem worth it to fight it out, get knocked out, etc against some young guy when you've been through it for 30 years, day after day. They're still hungry, you're not.

It just is what it is. Old fighters sometimes realised that they've lost more than the fight. It happened to Tszyu against Hatton.

Comment

You act like hatton fought a prime Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
          He wasn't a shot as most fans make out, Hatton pressured and made Tszyu fight at a pace he wasn't used to and gradually broke him down. Tszyu hit him with every punch in the book and Hatton walked through the lot. I believe some fighters have a fight where no matter who they are against they aren't going to lose and Tszyu was Hattons.

Comment

Senchenko took Hatton's soul.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
              7 years unbeaten, world champion. You're acting like he fought a shot to ***** Tszyu. But he was still one of the p4p best fighters at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll;12972147[B
                ]Everyone knows that Hatton was allowed to get away with a lot of dirty tactics in that fight by the English ref.
                [/B]
                But it comes as a surprise to me that Tszyu had injured shoulder ligaments and became basically a one-handed fighter. Interesting comments by Kostya.
                there is no doubt he did, the ref was rubbish. but what comes around goes around, and that came back round on december 8 2007 in las vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Everyone knows that Hatton was allowed to get away with a lot of dirty tactics in that fight by the English ref.
                  Hatton fought his normal fight, the same fight he fought in the States against Urango, Collazo, Castillo - the swapping of low-blows (Tszyu's landing first) gave the fight a rep (with some) that it didn't deserve.

Inside fighting is not designed to be pretty, just effective, ask Andre Ward. Tszyu knew what was coming, as he says above, he wanted it.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 01-30-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

i always thought he got raw deal in the hatton fight

Comment

Povetkin has improved, he just blasted Rahman out. Wlad is shaking his knees
                      Last edited by Weltschmerz; 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                      X