Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After another brilliant performance, is it safe to starting talking of jones as king?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
    Rampage is not the same anymore and just like Jones said, he's so predictable. Just a boxer and even as a boxer, swings too much and too slow. I don't think he's the most talented fighter because Anderson Silva is still alive and even when he dies, Jones will not be as good as Silva. I honestly don't see much in Jones except physically gifted and he uses it very well.
    Rampage may not be the same but is that necessarily a bad thing? Sure he was explosive and dynamic in Pride, but it's in the UFC that he has had his most success. He just came off a win over Machida, one of the best lhw who will one day be thought off with more regard than most of the other lhw that Rampage fought in Pride. He's consistently been in the top 5 in a division that rivals the one he was in during his Pride years. Fact is Rampage may not be the same fighter but fact is he has been more successful in the ufc than he had been in Pride.

Anderson Silva is extremely talented. I kind of look at this question as far as where he is in his career today. Jon Jones is still a really young cat. He's only 24 and he is already displaying striking defense as good as some of the top in the game--Machida and Silva. Who else has made Rampage and Shogun look so bad striking? Not even Machida could do so.

Jones wrestling is way better than Silva at this point. He's so young and he is already as good as some guys that have been in the game for decades. I think that makes him the most talented.

You can't discount his skills mainly as "physical tools" also. Every athelete has different physical tools. It's mainly about your ability to perform an action that gives you any advantage at all.
    Last edited by the traveler; 09-27-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

After one title defense? You're as bad as Joe Rogan in the post-fight interview. I know Joe's only trying to hype the s**t out of him, but he came very close to giving him head.

Comment

Quantity matters but so does quality. The quality of Jones wins thusfar, expecially his last two wins are worthy of high praise.

Comment

Working...
        X