Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook and Twitter are creating a vain generation of self-obsessed people with chil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by led View Post
    At least in e-world its still erects.
    i be getting *****es eoff

Comment

Just updated my fb status. Thought people should know I just read an article. Also posted a pic of myself reading said article.

Comment

lol @ the readers comments.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
          ive noticed alot of girls do this.,......

it has little to do with Facebook

these people are just seeing it for the first time

the problem isn't with the Facebook or the twitter, it's the people

my father is an oldschool salesman
          he was complaining the other day to me about how he and his colleagues (all in their 60's) complain about how email//cellophones expose them to too much
          that all this media is then a bad thing, because it exposes them to more than they can handle

the problem isn't with the media, i told him
          you're complaining about TOO MANY leads?
          he's a salesman
          that's insane! anybody in sales can tell you

more traffic is better for him. he's now unable to deal with all of it, which is better than having to work harder for less of it in sales terms. it costs you less and takes less time, which is how you make your money because you use it to make more sales.

a roundabout analogy, i know, but i think that it illustrates the same point

all this technology does is allow for extra mediums for people to be self centered and childish
          and expose it to the world

that's all it does

people don't need to constantly gob for attention using social media
          that's not the only use for it
          and getting the right kind of attention certainly isn't an inherently bad thing

with everything, good can come with bad

what i found most ineresting were her thoughts on the development of the social parts of the brain and how it will change as people use the internet more and more

i've noticed a huge difference in the way young people behave in the advent of the internet, and the ability to communicate with and learn about the world anonymously

back in the day if you stumbled up on a young person (lets say about 8) he was bouncing around, checking things out, looking at the people around him
          trying to make use of the day doing whatever it was he had to do

today you see an 8 year old tapping away on a cell phone with an ipod in his ears
          completely controlling the interactions he has
          doing his learning on his own on his own terms

he's probably not even looking at the people around him
          or his environment

and finally, young people today are soft
          period. when i was young we fought with ****ing sticks in the woods until somebody started to cry
          next day we were right back at it with bigger sticks, 25 feet up in a tree, battling it out and getting bruised up

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            it has little to do with Facebook

these people are just seeing it for the first time

the problem isn't with the Facebook or the twitter, it's the people

my father is an oldschool salesman
            he was complaining the other day to me about how he and his colleagues (all in their 60's) complain about how email//cellophones expose them to too much
            that all this media is then a bad thing, because it exposes them to more than they can handle

the problem isn't with the media, i told him
            you're complaining about TOO MANY leads?
            he's a salesman
            that's insane! anybody in sales can tell you

more traffic is better for him. he's now unable to deal with all of it, which is better than having to work harder for less of it in sales terms. it costs you less and takes less time, which is how you make your money because you use it to make more sales.

a roundabout analogy, i know, but i think that it illustrates the same point

all this technology does is allow for extra mediums for people to be self centered and childish
            and expose it to the world

that's all it does

people don't need to constantly gob for attention using social media
            that's not the only use for it
            and getting the right kind of attention certainly isn't an inherently bad thing

with everything, good can come with bad

what i found most ineresting were her thoughts on the development of the social parts of the brain and how it will change as people use the internet more and more

i've noticed a huge difference in the way young people behave in the advent of the internet, and the ability to communicate with and learn about the world anonymously

back in the day if you stumbled up on a young person (lets say about 8) he was bouncing around, checking things out, looking at the people around him
            trying to make use of the day doing whatever it was he had to do

today you see an 8 year old tapping away on a cell phone with an ipod in his ears
            completely controlling the interactions he has
            doing his learning on his own on his own terms

he's probably not even looking at the people around him
            or his environment

and finally, young people today are soft
            period. when i was young we fought with ****ing sticks in the woods until somebody started to cry
            next day we were right back at it with bigger sticks, 25 feet up in a tree, battling it out and getting bruised up
            The good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
              The good old days.
              So true. All we’ve got nowadays are roided posers that hit tha gym at times but start to cry if they get hit by some textbook Mayweather-jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                I have been saying this for a long time, Facebook and these other network sites are making an already egotistical generation even more self absorbed.

If you are on FB you might be gay.
                So all egotistical, vain people are gay?
                But back to the article, everyone can see how social networking sites are affecting people... it was clear from the start.

Comment

If people are sharing their everyday lives with people, they are naturally going to feel more self-conscious.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
                    So all egotistical, vain people are gay?

It's proven fact that a vast percentage of females in general are either gay or at least bisexual.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                      I have been saying this for a long time, Facebook and these other network sites are making an already egotistical generation even more self absorbed.

If you are on FB you might be gay.
                      look at you.

You're an old man posting on a forum with a bunch of adolescents making multiple threads about how you got the attention of a big tittied cuban chick.

That's so much less egotistical and self absorbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X