Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry Armstrong Or Muhammad Ali? Who Do You Feel Was Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Armstrong Or Muhammad Ali? Who Do You Feel Was Greater?

Who do you feel shoudl be remebered as the greater fighter and why?

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/armstrong.html
    http://coxscorner.tripod.com/ali.html

ali by far.....we can debate ali-robinson, ali-louis, lets be honest armstrong aint even in that category.....have you seen an armstrong fight....he fights like hes on coke.....i truly honestly believe manny pacquiao would kick his ass......

Comment

Originally posted by gran campeon View Post
      ali by far.....we can debate ali-robinson, ali-louis, lets be honest armstrong aint even in that category.....have you seen an armstrong fight....he fights like hes on coke.....i truly honestly believe manny pacquiao would kick his ass......
      so many things wrong with that statement, but i agree Ali ranks above him

Comment

ali bumaye !!!

Comment

Armstrong was better at his peak, Ali was better longer. They're both among the greatest ever to do it and it would depend on how one measured to come up with who was greater.

Comment

in the long run, Ali will have to be measured for his impact on society and culture, on boxing... no matter how much better technically any fighter is, no fighter, and very few men, black or white, have ever had to have gone through what Muhammad Ali went through... a world title taken away, exiled from boxing in his prime.. the constant threat of jail. it's forgotten too often that Ali was never going to fight in Vietnam, he would have been like Joe Louis in WWII, and had a far more cushier position. Not to take away from Joe Louis, but fighting exhibitions and shooting promo newsreels was better than fighting in the Pacific.

Ali united and inspired through his fights... on a greater level than anyone before or after. trust me, comparing Pac's impact because of the Philippines is laughable. noone can compare to Muhammad Ali- noone ever will.

there was a saying that anyone who grew up from the 30s until the 60s will *always* have it harder than anyone today. this kind of factors into what i'm saying here about Ali. Floyd has said hes greater than Ali. As a technical boxer, yes he is. But Muhammad Ali was- and still is- just magic.

And he even beat Superman. Henry Armstrong did not.

Comment

Armstrong was the greater fighter in my opinion. His resume is every bit as good as Ali's, he fought more often and held the one and only title in 3 weight classes simultaneously. P4p I don't even think this is debatable.

Comment

Armstrong gets my vote

Comment

Working...
                X