Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Brook Getting Too Much Credit, Tried to Find a Way Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
    He cashed out in that fight. He took an L, and kept his IBF belt.
    They're boxers. They fight for money and titles. Both were on offer in the GGG fight.

Some fighters are man enough to take on tough opponents for titles and money.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      Doe, you just admitted the huge age difference between Kell and Errol. Bundu/Spence was even bigger!
      Of course i'm admitting Bundu was much older than Spence Jr.! You can't hide facts. However, the Spence didn't choose Bundu, the IBF did!

June 8, 2016:

The unbeaten Long Island-born, Texas-bred contender is now looking at Italy’s Leonardo Bundu as his next foe, simply due to his being next in line for the ordered title eliminator. As the International Boxing Federation (IBF) recognizes Brook as its welterweight titlist, the sanctioning body has gone through great lengths to secure a mandatory challenger...

Following the bout, Spence immediately entered negotiations with #3 ranked contender Konstantin Ponomarev, as ordered by the IBF.

There were varying takes on the progress of such talks. Some insiders suggested Ponomrev – who one week prior to Spence’s win over Algieri scored a career-best victory of his own in outpointing Brad Solomon in a matchup of unbeaten welterweights – was going to move in a different direction. Others insisted a deal was reached behind closed doors and that the fight would be staged this summer, the start of a newly formed pact between Top Rank (Ponomarev’s promoter) and Al Haymon, who advises Spence.

The former turned out to be true, with Ponomarev’s plans unknown at present time while Spence continues his quest for a welterweight title. The opportunity for a title eliminator was offered to – and rejected by – Australia’s Jeff Horn and U.S.-based contenders Lamont Peterson and Sammy Vasquez, both of whom may or may not be facing each other in an eliminator for a separate title.

Moving down the list, Bundu was the next ranked contender in line and – as confirmed by the IBF to BoxingScene.com on Wednesday – has agreed to enter negotiations with Spence.

http://www.boxingscene.com/errol-spe...by-ibf--105471

Now that we understand why Spence faced Bundu, would you please explain to me why Brook faced such garbage competition as the IBF Champion? I'll wait!

Comment

• Oh shut up Errol. Brook was looking for the big fights and you weren't it. Those fights never came off so he's now fighting you.

Just prepare yourself. Make sure you're ready when it comes to the crunch.

Comment

• Why have people brought up jeff lacy so frequently when this fight is mentioned? Do Americans bring up Ricky Hatton?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            When the fight happens Spence will be 27, Brook will be 31. In boxing, that's a big difference! That 31 year old is going to feel it when he's trying to make 147, and he's going to feel it around Round 6, when Spence is cracking that mid-section!
            LOL 31 years old is still prime man WTF are you talking about big difference? Kell not 34-35 he is 30-31 still prime. It's not to say that he wins or loses. I hope Spence wins actually but let's not act like Kell is some out of prime fighter the man is only 30 years old and Spence is 27 they are both at the peak of their physical primes. Kell doesn't even fight that much and had a lot of soft touches coming up so he don't have high miles like that and will have just touched 31 pretty sure he feels the same or even stronger than he did when he was 28 29...

I got a feeling Spence and his team are a lil too overconfident going over there like that, sure Spence is a big strong Welterweight but Brook is also a really big strong mature welterweight who just fought someone who's probably 3x stronger than Spence.
            Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 02-14-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Oh shut up Errol. Brook was looking for the big fights and you weren't it. Those fights never came off so he's now fighting you.

Just prepare yourself. Make sure you're ready when it comes to the crunch.
              I reluctantly agree lol I mean yea Spence was the mando but Brook is 30 years old he needs to be going after big fights big money once you get there. Still prime but it's cash out time.

If Spence wins he'll be in the same position as Brook because he's 27 himself even Mayweather Sr said about Broner being 27 now it's not like you have a whole lot of time left not everybody isnt Mayweather Jr and these guys fighting like 2 times a year max now a days..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I am extremely happy the fight is made. Still doesn't change the facts. Seems people don't like hearing the truth these days. I'm not even a spence fan, but i'm not blind to the truth. Brook's title reign is one big dissappointment up til this point
                I bet you were one of those posters that wanted him to fight the big fights and forget about mandatories. Well he did that. He went looking for the big fights. But wait, you didn't like that so started complaining he wasn't fighting his mandatory.

Go on, you can tell me. Will I find you're full of **** if I go through your post history?

Can't stand people like you on here. You ruin every forum I go on. Mad nutters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  I bet you were one of those posters that wanted him to fight the big fights and forget about mandatories. Well he did that. He went looking for the big fights. But wait, you didn't like that so started complaining he wasn't fighting his mandatory.

Go on, you can tell me. Will I find you're full of **** if I go through your post history?

Can't stand people like you on here. You ruin every forum I go on. Mad nutters.
                  Please go through my post history. Then come back and tell me how much of an idiot you were for assuming you knew anything about me. I'll wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyp417 View Post
                    Nope not going to let you set up that excuse right there buddy😂 especially after all this talking you UK fanboys of brook do lol. "if he's not a skeleton" LMAO already starting the excuses.. it'll be his eye injury next. Nope, he loses the fight it means he loss to the better man and vise versa. Alot of people believe Spence will run the 147lbs division real soon anyway. No excuses bro, just get ready to be disappointed.
                    I'm American and everything I said was plausible. I also don't care if you believe I'm making excuses or not.

Comment

• Brook has been fighting bums his entire career. I never heard of this clown until he fought shawn porter. then he used Khans name for publicity. Errol is going to punish that midget. it's going to be a massacre

Comment

Working...
                      X