Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Felt Andre Ward Got Gift Decision - Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dislike Merchant but he is spot on.

Comment

I had black friends call me to apologize, and I never reach out to them. That's how big of a robbery it was. And Merchant needs to come back, we need him in the HBO crew, he would have gone off on Max last night "what are you even talking about?.. No it wasn't, it was clear for Kovalev..... Well it is clear your hanging around ghetto people now over at ESPN... so.. *slight chuckle* ... *Max tries to defend himself* Well... I think you're wrong"

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
        Majority knew its a gift decision from america, but at least we're getting a rematch so whatever
        expect more of the same. dont be shocked if the judges are wards neighbour, his cousin and his best friend from high school, and the ref will probably be virgil hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
          **** what this senile babbling idiot has to say.
          He actually makes more sense than most of the people here. He made good points. The rematch should not b ppv ward is a great fighter that produces dull fights with his clinching tactics.

Comment

Lampley was already trying to sell the rematch with all that political bs at the end of the broadcast. If they wanna play that angle, then make the rematch in russia.

Comment

For the hardcore fans and boxing purist it was entertaining. a great fight even by todays standards.

for the casual fan, i agree with Merchant, this is a TOUGH sell. Ward and his boring personality and boring style.

Comment

I think Mayweather said it best about Merchant.

Comment

Larry makes some good points here.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                    For the hardcore fans and boxing purist it was entertaining. a great fight even by todays standards.

for the casual fan, i agree with Merchant, this is a TOUGH sell. Ward and his boring personality and boring style.
                    It was more entertaining from a skill level and tension stand point...but a great fight it was not. It was mostly a jabbing exhibition. I've never seen ward so tentative and kovalev clinched too much. It was a poor man's version of a chess match type fight, where neither fighter looked very impressive. We get caught up in all the pageantry and mythical p4p status...but if we saw this type of fight between 2 lesser known guys on the off tv undercard, nobody would call it a great fight.

Comment

Ward won the fight, and I am a big Kovalev fan. Krusher was ineffective in big chunks of the second half of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X