No announcement yet.

Vernon Forrest vs Meldrick Taylor at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Forrest vs Meldrick Taylor at 147

The Meldrick Taylor who somewhat recovered from the Chavez fight and beat up Aaron Davis vs a prime Forrest

I got Meldrick by KO
    Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 06-17-2011, 09:34 PM.

Meldrick by razor close decision in a very good fight with forrest having his moments with his superior height and jab

Comment

That's a pretty good styles match-up. Taylor was quick enough to get inside Forrest's arms and make things difficult for him. I could see him being hurt once but he'd also make Forrest look lethargic en route to a clear UD.

Comment

Definitely Vernon Forrest. Not only was that his best weight but stylistically he is a nightmare for Taylor. I would have a hard time choosing a smaller, speed type fighter to beat Vernon after how easily he delt with Mosley. I think it would similar to the Norris fight, but maybe lasting a little longer due to Forrest not being as offensively explosive as Norris. The key to beating Vernon was not to out box him, it was rough him up and i can't see it happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
          Definitely Vernon Forrest. Not only was that his best weight but stylistically he is a nightmare for Taylor. I would have a hard time choosing a smaller, speed type fighter to beat Vernon after how easily he delt with Mosley. I think it would similar to the Norris fight, but maybe lasting a little longer due to Forrest not being as offensively explosive as Norris. The key to beating Vernon was not to out box him, it was rough him up and i can't see it happening here.
          Good points but I think where I see a difference in Mosley and Taylor is that the latter did a lot more work on the inside and was capable of getting there. Mosley's fight was on the outside and that's why Vernon (and Winky) with their size and length, were an absolute nightmare for him. It's also why Floyd chose to take the fight on the inside with Shane. You've got me thinking you may be right as far as Forrest-Taylor though. This is a good one for the mind lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            The Meldrick Taylor who somewhat recovered from the Chavez fight and beat up Aaron Davis vs a prime Forrest

I got Meldrick by KO
            Forrest ties him up in knots and beats him easily. Taylor has ZERO chance to win by KO. He had no power at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Forrest ties him up in knots and beats him easily. Taylor has ZERO chance to win by KO. He had no power at 147.

I think you're exaggerating his lack of power, Glenwood Brown and Aaron Davis have solid chins.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                I think you're exaggerating his lack of power, Glenwood Brown and Aaron Davis have solid chins.
                But Taylor never stopped even one rated fighter over 140 lbs. And Forrest also had a solid chin.

Comment

I like Vernon in this one, i think its a points job but a clear win for Forrest. His range, jab and snappy right hand would be highly problimatic for Taylor i feel. Could be a bit like the Mosley fight actually....

Not to derail the thread but who do u guys like at 140 even tho Shane never fought there - Mosley or Taylor?

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                    I found it strange that anyone picked Taylor. Forrest bangs him out in 8. Too much size and power. Meldrick didnt have much power.

Comment

Working...
                    X