Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones junior rejected 33 MILLION to fight mike Tyson!! Breaking news!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    Yeah that would've been a great match-up. What's your prediction?? I'd say Jones by UD.
    Toney lol. Wouldn’t have to drain himself like he always did.

Comment

Roy was stupid for moving up in weight. He was never the same after moving back down.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        Roy did mention Tyson back then when he was up against Ruiz. The fact that Tyson wasn't a big HW gave him some confident to at least entertain that idea. RJJ actually talked a lot about fighting Tyson at some point in his career. Roy was very careful though and in the end I don't think Roy would take such a big risk. Tyson would be all wrong for him. I love Roy but Tyson would've knocked him the f-ck out.

Lewis was never an option. He always said he would never fight Lewis or the Klit brothers....he said they were simply too big.
        Tyson was never seriously discussed. There are tons of interviews where he addresses it when it is brought up. He never brings it up himself. Check ‘er out.

Comment

Maybe he was “Betting on himself”

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            Roy was stupid for moving up in weight. He was never the same after moving back down.
            But did he have any excuses on the night of Tarver 2?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              Got any questions
              That was funny chit

Comment

I'd pay him 33 bucks to see him fight Tyson now

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                  Jones's body never adjusted. His punch resistance had gone down, he didn't have the same speed and punching power. At that age it's not a good idea to go weight jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Jones's body never adjusted. His punch resistance had gone down, he didn't have the same speed and punching power. At that age it's not a good idea to go weight jumping.
                    He always had a glass jaw though and hardly ever faced quality fighters who could hit. Tarver was a dangerous unorthodox punch who can put your lights out from all kinds of angles.

In that second fight he looked like his body had recovered from the weight jumps by then, showing combo's and movement of old.

Then Tarver cracked him and his confidence and whatever was left of his chin was shot.

I say Tarver lands that shot on any version of Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                      Got any questions
                      That was funny chit
                      And then the ref said "not those type of questions!". Ha!

I think that's the only time I've ever seen a fighter respond to that dumbass redundant "any questions?".

Comment

Working...
                      X