Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans don't fight overseas though! They have come country advantage though!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans don't fight overseas though! They have come country advantage though!

Why would an American fighter choose to fight overseas when it's in the BEST interest of both parties to fight in the states?90% of the time it's in the best interest of the opponent to fight in America, foreigner or not. They dream of coming and fighting here, so it makes no sense to claim that Americans are spoiled and only fight in their own country.

So judging by the title you accept that Americans get a hometown advantage but reason that since it's best for the other fighter it's ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      So judging by the title you accept that Americans get a hometown advantage but reason that since it's best for the other fighter it's ok?
      Not a hometown advantage, never said that. Home country advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
        Not a hometown advantage, never said that. Home country advantage.
        Lol you got me there.

Comment

why didnt the americans rob golovkin in NYC when they had a good chance?

Comment

Lol you got me there.
            And the home country "advantage" isn't really even a thing. He's hardly even liked here, and the so few who do all live in one city, Oakland CA.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
              Why would an American fighter choose to fight overseas when it's in the BEST interest of both parties to fight in the states?90% of the time it's in the best interest of the opponent to fight in America, foreigner or not. They dream of coming and fighting here, so it makes no sense to claim that Americans are spoiled and only fight in their own country.
              A few fights in the states is a must in my opinion if a fighter wants to cement his legacy, but American fighters need to fight abroad too. Ali fought in Zaire.

Comment

ur lucky if 170k in the US even know who ward is......what benefit would it be to america or boxing to slant the cards in wards favor? none really...its just simple logic

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  A few fights in the states is a must in my opinion if a fighter wants to cement his legacy, but American fighters need to fight abroad too. Ali fought in Zaire.
                  cmon guy...lets not pretend like ali fought in zaire because it offered him the most exposure and money...

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    cmon guy...lets not pretend like ali fought in zaire because it offered him the most exposure and money...
                    exactly my point...exposure. How can you be called a world champion if you don't fight abroad especially in the UK. In fact, I'd say boxing is more popular in the UK right now than the US.

Comment

Working...
                    X