Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing in a Street/Bar Fight: Useful, or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing in a Street/Bar Fight: Useful, or not?

I think it is, and I know many people agree, but I know many mma fans who disagree and think it's essentially worthless. What say you?
    Yes
    93.48%
    No
    6.52%

The poll is expired.

boxing is part of fighting, so even knowing one small part is better than knowing nothing

just cuz a boxer would have trouble with a guy who knows mma it doesn't mean he wouldn't KO 99% of the general population, who can't fight at all in any form

Comment

ANY form of fighting is gonna help you in a street fight. I mean hell even if you've only taken some ****ty karate classes where you just throw weird ass straight punches it can only help you vs the other 6.99 billion people on the planet who've not hit or been hit in the head by another person. Having said that I think knowing MMA & studying multiple fighting styles & being able to fight against & adapt to multiple fighting styles is gonna be a far superior skill to have in a street fight than boxing or any one fighting style.

Comment

of course its useful...............
        thats like claiming an avg hobbyist athelete has no advantage over an average nerd in a street fight lol

Comment

I have always used both MMA and boxing when in a fight. By MMA, I mean like I'll land a jab and then slide in for the headlock and once the left is set, I can usually land 15-20 uppercuts before they break free of the lock.

When they are stepping away to clear of the lock, I land a quick straight right to help them take a seat on the floor. When they try to get up, a kick to the side of the head usually does the trick. Ordering more beer from the bar is next up on my list.

Comment

Only the shoulder roll.

Comment

Why do people ask questions like this?? are you asking is knowing how to throw accurate punches and evade shots a good thing to know in a street fight where the average person does not know?
              Last edited by Larry the boss; 07-30-2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Depends on who your throwing down with. If the ****er is gonna start throwing bows, sissy kicking, or pull a knife; then take him to the ground and work him over. If it is a brawl/scrap then yes. It'd be best to use a Roberto Duran type style with a good left hand and a sledge hammer of an over hand right. Plus volume and viciousness of the whole thing would be useful.

Comment

But seriously OP. Using boxing fundamentals allah Floyd Mayweather would get you laughed out of the joint so in short no. Just go ham and go out on your shield. Plus if you are talking about boxing a guy who is trying to end you then that's on you pal. I mean seriously have ever heard of "concealed carry"?

Comment

It's very useful. Kimbo Slice has videos of him beating the hell out of neighborhood streetfighters using nothing but legal boxing blows and he isn't even a very good boxer. The fights aren't even close. Usually they quit after a few good punches. These are bullies who have never lost a street fight. Most street fighters throw punches but they just aren't as good at throwing punches as a skilled boxer. I am not saying boxers automatically wins all street fights but being a good boxer sure doesn't hurt your chances of winning the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X