No announcement yet.

300+ wins 1 loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoneyMay08 View Post
    nah i guarantee he will go for gold again in 2016 to give his body more time to mature. This guy is another David Diaz, great amateur career, shyt pro fighter

David Diaz didn't have exactly what I would call a 'great' amateur career, certainly didn't have the credentials of Vasyl Lomachenko & he turned pro quite early at 20 & did pretty well for himself...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I believe Sergio Martinez didn't even take up boxing until he was 21/22.
      Bernard Hopkins started late.
      Antonio Tarver was 22 when he first stepped into a boxing gym & didn't go pro until he was 28
      Rocky Marciano was 27 when he debuted.

That guy that fought Pavlik not long ago was 20 odd & self trained.
      As was another guy I seen on an undercard recently.
      many people have started late, but if you notice what they have in common, they are all in the higher weight classes. You can get away with that in the higher weight classes, where age and speed don't mean as much. But in the lower weight classes, you can't do that. Name some fighters that are in low weight class that turned pro 25+ and were successful

Comment

yea, you can start late and be successful in higher weight divisions. Like the Klits are 40 dominating the heavyweight division. Hopkins was LHW champ at 46. But you're not gonna be 46 dominating super featherweight. At low weight classes, you're pretty much over the hill by 30 cuz speed is so important. this guy has no future in the pros

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
          many people have started late, but if you notice what they have in common, they are all in the higher weight classes. You can get away with that in the higher weight classes, where age and speed don't mean as much. But in the lower weight classes, you can't do that. Name some fighters that are in low weight class that turned pro 25+ and were successful

Vasyl could go up in weight, he has a fair frame on him and I believe is around 5''9'
          Sergio Martinez was 22
          Nate Campbell was 28
          Jermain Taylor
          Bernard Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by LBJ2010 View Post
            zzzzzzzzz wake me up when this guy turns pro. Broner will probably be P4P#1 before that happens. And didn't this Lomanchenki guy say he was gonna turn pro two years ago, but then said he wasn't ready because his body wasn't mature enough?? and he's 24. hahahahaha
            He's wanted to go pro since the last Olympics. His father who is a highly respected coach held him back and theyve had disagreements but given that Vasyl was coached by his father his whole life and believes in his fathers training conceded and decided to turn pro after the next Olympics which is what his father wanted. Has he said that he wanted to wait till his body is completely matured? No

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
              He's wanted to go pro since the last Olympics. His father who is a highly respected coach held him back and theyve had disagreements but given that Vasyl was coached by his father his whole life and believes in his fathers training conceded and decided to turn pro after the next Olympics which is what his father wanted. Has he said that he wanted to wait till his body is completely matured? No
              http://www.boxingscene.com/vasyl-lom...ur-2012--26773

"I wanted to go pro, but my father stopped me. He said we should wait until my body is fully formed, and I reach an age where my body stops growing."

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                I believe Sergio Martinez didn't even take up boxing until he was 21/22.
                Bernard Hopkins started late.
                Antonio Tarver was 22 when he first stepped into a boxing gym & didn't go pro until he was 28
                Rocky Marciano was 27 when he debuted.

That guy that fought Pavlik not long ago was 20 odd & self trained.
                As was another guy I seen on an undercard recently.
                Tarver was 22?Thats crazy thought he fought since his younger days.Nate Camobell another one didnt walk into a gym til 25

Comment

Whats that great Thai fighter lost too Hasegawa twice and fought Nishioka 4 times winning 2 and drawing 2 he was a late comer too the sport and he fought at 118

Comment

Found it Saraphom great fighter wasnt 26 til he entered the pros so this bull**** off being too old at 24 and fighting at a low weight dont hold much weight for me

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                      Whats that great Thai fighter lost too Hasegawa twice and fought Nishioka 4 times winning 2 and drawing 2 he was a late comer too the sport and he fought at 118

Good shout!
                      Veeraphol Sahaprom, he was around 26/27/28 though he transformed from a Thai boxing background where I believe he won multiple world championships.

Comment

Working...
                      X