No announcement yet.

Pac/Floyd is turning up to be Prime Cotto/Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac/Floyd is turning up to be Prime Cotto/Floyd

That's why history is important. Remember how much fans wanted to see Cotto vs. Mayweather a couple of years ago? How Mayweather always came up with a reason not to fight?

Cotto doesn't have the fanbase. Cotto has not called me out.

He also did this with Margarito.

So I guess the Pac fight is going the same way.

Either

A: We will never see it.

B: He will eventually fight a battle-worn version of Pac/Cotto/Margarito

Will even duck saying Pacquiao's name:

Comment

It would have been more reasonable if Floyd had said that he didn't want to fight because Pac is from the Philippine. LOL...Manny Pacquiao...you see Manny Pacquiao live in Philippine.

Comment

diff. set of circumstances here...

there were never any negotiations for floyd to fight cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
          diff. set of circumstances here...

there were never any negotiations for floyd to fight cotto.
          Of course there are different circumstances. Almost always there are going to be different circumstances.

What is not different is that Mayweather finds cute "reasons" for not fighting top fighters in their prime.

In many ways the Cotto fight was worse, since there was not any kind of cloud or suspicion on Cotto's career.

Comment

Originally posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
            That's why history is important. Remember how much fans wanted to see Cotto vs. Mayweather a couple of years ago? How Mayweather always came up with a reason not to fight?

Cotto doesn't have the fanbase. Cotto has not called me out.

He also did this with Margarito.

So I guess the Pac fight is going the same way.

Either

A: We will never see it.

B: He will eventually fight a battle-worn version of Pac/Cotto/Margarito
            he avoided cotto and margarito and got away with it. vs pacquiao, it was gonna be 2 hard 2 avoid fighting him cuz the public demand was so high. b4 he could say oh cotto aint big enough yet, he could say no1 outside of boxing knows margarito but he couldnt say anything 2 dismiss the fight with pacquiao. he was trapped in a corner.

Comment

Of course there are different circumstances. Almost always there are going to be different circumstances.

What is not different is that Mayweather finds cute "reasons" for not fighting top fighters in their prime.

In many ways the Cotto fight was worse, since there was not any kind of cloud or suspicion on Cotto's career.
              You can say the same thing about Pacquiao too. Mayweather had no proof he took or is taking steroids.

Comment

I thought Cotto was at Mayweather vs Gatti? All bull**** aside, Cotto gets waxed by Floyd. Back then, 2008, or 2050.

Comment

nobody but larry merchant brought up cotto to floyd.

arum never mentioned the fight, cotto never mentioned the fight. i never once heard cotto say, "i want to fight mayweather."

so just like you dudes wanna blame floyd for not making that fight happen, just as much blame can be placed on cotto.

this **** here, is different. there have been negotiations for this fight. pacquiao has said he wants to fight floyd. floyd has stated he wants to fight manny.

it's different.

as a floyd fan, this "i'm not thinking about pacquiao," **** doesn't smell right to me. either this is a fake article or something, or floyd is on some bull**** right now.....no way to defend him here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    I thought Cotto was at Mayweather vs Gatti? All bull**** aside, Cotto gets waxed by Floyd. Back then, 2008, or 2050.
                    How can you get waxed by someone who won't fight anyone?

Comment

Working...
                    X