Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton wants JMM in test before Khan showdown!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton wants JMM in test before Khan showdown!

Hatton wants another Juan in test before Khan showdown
    By Alan Hubbard

Sunday, 8 November 2009

Six months after being left wide-eyed and legless by Manny Pacquiao, Ricky Hatton is getting itchy fists again. We hear the Hitman is poised to announce a New Year comeback against Juan Manuel Marquez, the 36-year-old Mexican last seen losing to another Hatton nemesis, Floyd Mayweather Jnr. Although he still declines to confirm his intentions, the word in boxing is that his desire not to go out a loser has been rekindled by the build-up to last night's Valuev-Haye scrap. He acknowledges he misses the big-fight atmosphere and insists there would be no problem getting back into shape at "Hatton House", the new £2 million fight HQ he has built near his Manchester home. "Sometimes when you've been doing this game for so long, you need to recharge your batteries and then you can come back with a bit more fire in your belly," he says. "There are things I know I can put right, and if I give it another go it will not be an eight-rounder after beating some of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world. It's got to be a fight that will get me excited." Marquez has already been earmarked as a trial horse for a hoped-for meeting next summer with Amir Khan which Hatton, 31, insists he must promote himself. "That would not be negotiable, otherwise it's a non-starter." Hatton's novice promotional expertise will be tested on Friday when he stages his first "world title" fight, featuring his welterweight brother Matthew, who meets South Africa's Lovemore Ndou for the little-regarded IBO belt – which Ricky himself once held – in Stoke. The following night will bring back painful memories when he watches the Filipino Pacquiao attempt a similar demolition job in Las Vegas on the more resilient Miguel Cotto in a classic tear-up.

Read the title not paragraph

be interesting

Comment

Dude needs to stay retired.

Comment

He should fight Khan first!

But than again assuming he beats JMM, the Khan fight will have so much more hype!

Comment

Ricky Hatton is well passed his best now. He should stay retired. Khan would be to fast for him. Ricky wouldn't get near him.

Comment

JMM would KO hatton that i have every confidence in

Comment

JMM would completely dominate and shut down Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSamurai View Post
                Dude needs to stay retired.
                thats the hardest thing for a boxer to do when he thinks he still has it

Comment

Juan Money Manny

KO

Hatton

Comment

both of them fighters would beat Hatton at this stage

Comment

Working...
                    X