Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn, the HBO crew totally **** blocked Berto from a Pac fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait a damn minute folks---who has manny fought lately that should keep him at the top spot? what the hell has he done to earn his spot? don't talk about cherry-picking when manny is fighting guys at catchweights and guys coming off long layoffs and losses-lol---

the hypocrisy of his ****ing fans to defend his every decision and not even come up with a good argument as to why they are doing it---they are so clueless---

berto is undefeated--has not cheated like a margarito--is not coming off of a 2 year layoff--i believe he has a title doesn't he?

so manny can fight tony--but is too good for berto? but is willing to fight mosley who is coming off of a loss and a draw---maybe he'll fight jmm at 147---manny's last 5 wins, hell 6, were shams----

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
      wait a damn minute folks---who has manny fought lately that should keep him at the top spot? what the hell has he done to earn his spot? don't talk about cherry-picking when manny is fighting guys at catchweights and guys coming off long layoffs and losses-lol---

the hypocrisy of his ****ing fans to defend his every decision and not even come up with a good argument as to why they are doing it---they are so clueless---

berto is undefeated--has not cheated like a margarito--is not coming off of a 2 year layoff--i believe he has a title doesn't he?

so manny can fight tony--but is too good for berto? but is willing to fight mosley who is coming off of a loss and a draw---maybe he'll fight jmm at 147---manny's last 5 wins, hell 6, were shams----
      Berto would lose to all the people you mentioned that Manny fought. LOL, at you thinking Margarito at a catchweight of 150 wouldn't beat the ever living **** out of Berto.

Comment

Berto-Pac is a great fight.. Better than JMM-Pac at 140. The best fight ofcourse would be Martinez-Pac at 154..

Comment

Why you don't talk about you queen? Opss...sorry..you are right, he still in vacation so for the time being you enjoying yourself as a Mexican. If you think Pac 5 last fight are sham then Floyd 5 last fights are pure garbage!

Comment

I think all the guys HBO listed as opposition were reasonable.

I would think HBO would push for JMM though since that is the fight that would make the most money, say what you will about JMM's cash generating abilities but he far outstrips Berto and Mosley, so it makes sence.

I think Berto could provide an interesting test though, he doesn't really posses the tools that I think would be the most trouble for Manny but there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              I guess they want Pacquiao to go after an older fighter who is two divisions lower than him. At least Steward said the fight should happen at 140. JMM is a great fighter. But if anybody who thinks it's better than a Berto-Pacquiao fight is bugging. It's all about the benjamins for HBO rather than what the fans want. Shame.
              you are ****ing reaching again with trying to putdown pac. i want a berto pac fight too instead of marquez or mosley, but i think the majority want a trilogy with marquez.

Comment

Larry Merchant was working hard trying to make Pac-Jmm and even his next fight Saul Alvarez! Guess they are helping bob Arum avoid African Americans by trying to say on national tv that its not worth the money.....bull****, Pac vs Berto would be the biggest fight of his career.

Comment

I guess they want Pacquiao to go after an older fighter who is two divisions lower than him. At least Steward said the fight should happen at 140. JMM is a great fighter. But if anybody who thinks it's better than a Berto-Pacquiao fight is bugging. It's all about the benjamins for HBO rather than what the fans want. Shame.
                  i think berto vs manny is equally as good as manny vs marquez for their own reasons.

Comment

Interesting obversation. Berto does lack head movement. But his hand speed kind of makes up for that.
                    Hand speed doesn't make up for lack of defense. It helps him win rounds and keep Pacquiao a little bit honest, but it's the only reason I give him until the 6th, if not, he'd get the Hatton treatment.

He has no authoritative jab or the counter punching ability needed to keep Pacquiao at bay.

Not only that, but Berto's stamina is terrible, it's part of the reason why he holds so much. Pacquiao fights at an insane pace and will get hims gassed after a few rounds. He gets KTFO and put on a highlight reel after that.

Comment

Who has Manny cherry picked? DLH challenged him lets not forget that, Hatton challenged him as well. Cotto only had one loss how the hell was he supposed to get him before Margarito? He beat Clottey because Floyd is still out beating woman, and he fought Margarito for the same reason. Berto is really your best option for Manny a guy who hasn't even had a fight on PPV on guy on the UNDERCARD of a FREE HBO card. A guy who went life and DEATH with Collazo, a guy who has no lateral movement and simply walks straight back when pressured go watch the Collazo and come back and repost this garbage. And Margarito didn't have a year layoff he had a tune-up before the Manny fight you idiot, at least know something before you post crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X