No announcement yet.

Debatable decisions, you feel were one-sided victories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    I did also...Every champ gets at least one "gift" and i think that was Lewis' "gift." It was one of those "you have to take the belt from the champ" type decisions. Its interesting what Lewis said about that fight. It reveals how he thinks about fighting. he claimed that he had not trained properly for the type of opponent Mercer was and that he had problems changing his strategy in the fight.

Lewis has a real chess player mentality! haha.
    I usually think that with title fights that you have to take the title. Probably why I thought Holmes beat Spinks. Usually judges tend to be more biased for the champ, but in Holmes' case, they were probably biased against him because he was considered disrespectful.

Comment

Pernell-Oscar.... I always thought it was a clear Oscar win

Same thing for calzaghe-hopkins and taylor-hopkins 1

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        I usually think that with title fights that you have to take the title. Probably why I thought Holmes beat Spinks. Usually judges tend to be more biased for the champ, but in Holmes' case, they were probably biased against him because he was considered disrespectful.
        Like with hopkins when he fought Taylor...Makes a lot of sense. I came up with that logic as well Anthony. You had to take the belt! I see nothing wrong with it when it is treated with moderation and common sense. I don't remember much about the Holmes Spinks fight, I should watch it again.

Comment

Mayweather - Maidana / De La Hoya, both clear Mayweather wins
          Garcia - Morales 1, Clear Garcia win, Morales just looked better then most were expecting and gave him credit simply for that.

Comment

Lewis-Holyfield 1

Whitaker-Chavez

Mayweather-Delahoya

Those are three that stand out in my mind.

Edit: Whitaker-Ramirez 1. Horrible decision
            Nelson-Fenech 1. Quartey-Lopez. Ridiculous draw.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 09-07-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Mayweather - Maidana / De La Hoya, both clear Mayweather wins
              Garcia - Morales 1, Clear Garcia win, Morales just looked better then most were expecting and gave him credit simply for that.
              I forgot about that one and I've always felt the same way.

Comment

Lewis vs Holyfield (1) ~ Lewis was robbed
                Lewis vs Holyfield (2) ~ Holyfield was robbed

Comment

Bradley manny 1..

There is actually people who claim and swear that bradley outboxed pac...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Bradley manny 1..

There is actually people who claim and swear that bradley outboxed pac...
                    I don't think Bradley deserved the win. But he did deserve a less biased call by cheerleader Lampley and the HBO crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I don't think Bradley deserved the win. But he did deserve a less biased call by cheerleader Lampley and the HBO crew.
                      That's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X