No announcement yet.

A day of shame from the past for the USA: Hiroshima

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    you know they had plans to use biological and chemical weapons in philippines?
    They used biological weapons on the Chinese.

They even did medical experiments on captured soldiers and civilians, including Americans, and without anesthetic. They were animals, and deserved to be put down like animals. Even Hitler didn't resort to using biological weapons.

"Between 3,000 and 250,000 men, women, and children—from which around 600 every year were provided by the Kempeitai—died during the human experimentation conducted by Unit 731 at the camp based in Pingfang alone, which does not include victims from other medical experimentation sites, such as Unit 100.

Prisoners, including one known POW, were subjected to vivisection without anesthesia. Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Researchers performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results. The infected and vivisected prisoners included men, women, children, and infants.

Women were used in specific experiments in Unit 731. In order to respond to the growing threat of syphilis among Japanese troops, “among whom the prevalence of syphilis was high due to the systematic rape of women and the widespread use of sex slaves,” women at Unit 731 were either raped or infected with a serum containing virulent strains of syphilis.

Human targets were used to test grenades positioned at various distances and in different positions. Flame throwers were tested on humans. Humans were tied to stakes and used as targets to test germ-releasing bombs, chemical weapons, and explosive bombs."

And that's not even all of it! The full article is posted below:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      japan invasion would be unopposed?

that's just stupid.

US had 80,000 casualties and 15,000 dead invading okinawa.

okinawa is a small japanese island of 300,000.

japan had 4,000,000+ military at time of surrender.
      Enough said?.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        You make some good points but I read a book about Oppenheimer and the process in which the bomb was created. It was fascinating and I can tell you, it was also a race.

Intelligence was that Nazi Germany was in the process of creating one, so therefore the U.S had to beat them to the punch. It was intended to be dropped on Germany.

In the end, I think from the fighting that happened in the Pacific, I think it's logical to say that much more death would have come about from a land invasion. Not to mention supplies, equipment and money spent.

Japanese were ferocious, and would die rather than surrender. Imagine them on their own land.
        Agreed, unfortunately when you are up against an enemy willing to die over surrender and the atomic bomb race happening and as adam mentioned lack of information about the situation, America had no option. The way I see it, a land invasion would lead to colossal civilian casualties of course along with allied forces being killed in silly numbers. Very few instances in history would require the use of such force. This was one of them. Feel for the civilians as it's the greed of governments that lead to war, but hey Ho.

Comment

Originally posted by Duggie View Post
          Agreed, unfortunately when you are up against an enemy willing to die over surrender and the atomic bomb race happening and as adam mentioned lack of information about the situation, America had no option. The way I see it, a land invasion would lead to colossal civilian casualties of course along with allied forces being killed in silly numbers. Very few instances in history would require the use of such force. This was one of them. Feel for the civilians as it's the greed of governments that lead to war, but hey Ho.
          u.s. govt ordered 500,000 purple heart medals in anticipation of japan invasion. so they were expective massive casualties.

Comment

Working...
          X