Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rafael Marquez Retires.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was pretty sure he'd retired all ready. anyway, happy trails, rafa.

Originally posted by _Gatti_ View Post
    great fighter.

basically item number 1 why i don't want mathysse and garcia to rematch so soon. I'd like to see them beat other fighters before they piss their careers beating the **** out of each other.

Comment

for those of you who missed it, at 118 this guy was a killer. I'm not saying he was the best bantam ever, but all of the bantam ATGs would have to be at the very top of their game to beat him

Comment

good move.

Comment

Good to hear. He's left us all with some of the greatest memories in all of boxings long history. We were witness to some of the single most epic moments of heart, courage, skill, attrition and determination that we'll ever see in the ring and it was this man who gave it to us.

I hope he enjoys a long, fulfilling life after boxing and gets great happiness from it. He deserves it.

As underrated as he'd been, along with his brother for most of their careers, he also got the recognition, though maybe not the full financial reward, deserving of his fights in the end. He's a HOF lock, one of Mexicos true ATGs and one of the greatest bantamweights to ever fight.

Last edited by BennyST; 09-21-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Good stuff for the legend..Wish him nothing but luck in the future..

Comment

All the best warrior.

Comment

IMO he and Vazquez gave us the best series of fights between two guys that faced each other multiple times.

Been a Rafa fight all the way back when he beat Johnson which i used to regard very highly.

Best wishes for him and I hope he stays healthy to enjoy his retirement

Comment

great fighter definitely time to hang em up i hope he stays retires

Comment

the best n my favorite fights of all time he had with Vasquez

Comment

long overdue; he shoulda quit after the 4th Vazquez fight, he's been getting embarrassed

Comment

Working...
                      X