No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson: "I'm on the verge of dying, because I'm a vicious alcoholic."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson: "I'm on the verge of dying, because I'm a vicious alcoholic."

Unfortunately all isn't quite as we've been led to believe in the life of the former champion.

Tyson had this to say on ESPN's Friday Night Fights:

"I wanna live my sober life. I don't wanna die. I'm on the verge of dying, because I'm a vicious alcoholic,"

"I'm a bad guy sometimes. I did a lot of bad things, and I want to be forgiven. So in order for me to be forgiven, I hope they can forgive me. I wanna change my life, I wanna live a different life now."

"I haven't drank or took drugs in six days, and for me that's a miracle," he revealed. "I've been lying to everybody else that think I was sober, but I'm not. This is my sixth day. I'm never gonna use again."

Missed FNFs... He said all this? Haven't up to date on tyson. Thought he was doing well with movies, promoting & personal appearances...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      Missed FNFs... He said all this? Haven't up to date on tyson. Thought he was doing well with movies, promoting & personal appearances...
      Yeah. I've just read it on a few news sources. Sadly it looks like he was hiding away his addictions.

Comment

Comment

There's another decent clip 'Mike Tyson Opens Up' on Youtube. I can't post videos on her for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            I hope it turns out well for him... He sounds really dejected & down on himself. He obviously is very troubled by his past mistakes, he lost a child & he just can't seem to keep it together in the spotlite. He sounds like he really needs to get away from boxing & the spotlite but when everyone on the planet knows you it is pretty tough...i thought he was about to cry & he had trouble counting the days he had been sober for...fame destroyed this man. Sure wish he stayed with rooney... I wonder how things would have went then?

Comment

fuk this im tired of him, a bully in and out of the ring and yet there are plenty of guys who whooped his ass, on both sides of the rope lol

Comment

jesus , didn't see that coming! i hope he gets over this obstacle. he just has to realize that people wanna help him and not destroy him like he's used to.

Comment

who caught his embrace with teddy that was a site to see

Comment

Just watched the whole press conference... The teddy question made him totally open up... Wonder what Gary( tyson's boss) was thinking right after his speech praising tyson? I don't think he was expecting " i been sober 6 days, etc"... Any other sport he'd be removed from the organization's face immediately but this is boxing & it's named after him. I enjoyed whst he had to say & liked his praise for vitali's style... He fights & overcomes, i just entertain... Nice jesture & a good side step to a question...
                    Last edited by joe strong; 08-25-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X