Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't call Broner cherry picker???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't call Broner cherry picker???

Broner is popular, he talks about Marquez, Guerrero, Pacquiao. But fight against Rees. Who is Rees???

I don't know why he's calling out WW's while he's still at LW to be honest.

But in his defense, he just fought the #1 LW and tried to fight Ricky Burns.

But his stay at 130 was one big cherry pick so it's a bit of both.

Comment

He is in dead divisions. one more up and he has a huge jump. however he is only young so I won't judge yet.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
        Broner is popular, he talks about Marquez, Guerrero, Pacquiao. But fight against Rees. Who is Rees???
        Because he's 23 and a 2 weight world champion............what a terrible personality though

Comment

Because he just beat the brakes off the #1 lighweight and because he then wanted to unify with Ricky Burns.

That's not a cherry picker, sir.

Comment

He young....

Comment

Broner isn't ready for the people he's calling out. Just because some idiot put him on his pound for pound list and people that just started watching Floyd at 147 compare the two doesn't mean he's an elite fighter yet. He may think so and he talks a lot but he hasn't been in the ring with an elite opponent yet. We don't even know if his power and punch resistance will carry up to 140 and 147 yet. It's just too early to tell.

Fighters want to challenge themselves and take on the best out there but its up to managers and promoters to manage their careers and let them develop.

But you can't deny that he's gunning for all the top dogs at 135. He immediately went after DeMarco and tried to make the fight with Burns.
              Last edited by -PBP-; 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

nobody cares about this thug

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
                  Because he's 23 and a 2 weight world champion............what a terrible personality though
                  Yeah, I can't stand the punk. You can tell that he is going to grab and run, meaning he has no intention of moving up and fighting in 140 or 147. He wants to grab some easy paydays and retire undefeated where he is at.

He is already talking about how he has enough money to support his family and he doesn't plan on staying around for too long in boxing. Posters here think he will rule all the way up to 154, I think he will retire after his first loss or get out in a year or so.

Comment

Too young to judge him, he is just building his career and doing a pretty good job by the look of it. He is going to cop a lot of flak because of his manner and obvious comparisons with FMJ, but the guy can fight and hopefully he wont follow the floyd model of cherry picking and fighting once a year.

I think there is something a bit tongue in cheek about his 'act' and to be fair to the lad, he has sent himself up a few times. He has charisma and hopefully that doesnt become the greater part of what he's about, because if he can back his mouth and talent up with a solid body of work then he potentially has what it takes to become a great fighter.

Doing that is harder than talking about it though, but so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                    X