• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distorted Judging Criteria

Clean and Effective Punching

Ring Generalship

Effective Aggression

Defense

In Pacquiao-Marquez III, people that state that Pacquiao won are using Pacquiao's ring generalship and the challenger needing to take that title from the champion.

Ring Generalship

People percieve Pacquiao as the ring general because he had a higher output and pressed the fight. That is not ring generalship, that falls under effective aggression and becomes ineffective aggression when it doesn't lead to achieving the 2 criteria above it. The ring general dictates the pace of the fight, he establishes when and where the exchanges take place. In Pacquiao-Marquez III, the ring general was JMM throughout the fight. He dictated when and where the fight was fought.

Margarito pressed the fight forcing Pacquiao to the backfoot, did this make him the ring general?

Taking the title from the champion

A boxing match is scored on a round by round basis, not based on the entire fight, so winning 7 rounds of a fight (without point deductions) is taking the title from the champion.

Corruption?

The judge that had the 116-112 scorecard, Glenn Trowbridge, scored 3 of the last 4 rounds for Pacquiao. The 1 round he scored for Marquez is the 12th.... I'll repeat that: the judge that had the 116-112 scorecard, Glenn Trowbridge, scored the last 3 of the last 4 rounds for Pacquiao. The 1 round he scored for Marquez is the 12th. That, to me, is a corrupt judge who had the fight too close going into the last 3rd, so he decides to give Pacquiao 3 consecutive rounds, where Marquez appears the winner. After realizing Pacquiao's ahead enough, but understanding that a 117-111 scorecard for Pacquiao to be insane, he gives Marquez the only clear Pacquiao round, so it appear as if he's not the corrupt judge he is.

I hate that people focus so much on factors other than who the f*** is landing the most punches. I don't care how good you ring generalship or footwork or any of that crap is, if you are getting outlanded you're probably losing.

Comment

Pacquiao "outbox" marquez

pacquiao landed more , but marquez landed the quality shots

a person who is landing more means he is controlling the fight

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I hate that people focus so much on factors other than who the f*** is landing the most punches. I don't care how good you ring generalship or footwork or any of that crap is, if you are getting outlanded you're probably losing.
        CLEAN punches. Marquez landed a significant amout more clean punches.

CLEAN PUNCHING should be BY FAR the most important piece of judging criteria. All of the other stuff should be used as almost a tie breaker.

Comment

pacquiao won all 3 fights in my book

even though the first 2 were close, he had both of them in the bag by the 10th round so they were artificially close.

th 3rd fight, i had him winning big, 116-112.

i think glenn trowbridge gave jmm that round out of sympathy because he didnt want to embarass him too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I didn't mention Marquez' clean and effective punching because it seemed too obvious to anyone watching the fight. Obviously, those who have strong bias are going to disregard what they watched, in favor of looking for thing that support their agenda. Just wanted to put these myths to rest.

Doesn't matter, Marquez was not only the clean and effective puncher, he was also the ring general and had the edge on defense. As far as I'm concerned, Compubox, Lederman, Steward, and Lampley are hired by HBO, Arum pays the judges (judges recieve their wages by promoters), so they are all suspect.

Comment

Damn enough with the over analyzing. Pacquiao won the fight. He can't control the judging. Compubox shows that Pac landed more punches and at a slightly higher percentage and this is what the judges saw. It was evident his punches were landing because Marquez's face looked like pulverized meat.

Pacquiao won a very close and well fought fight. Get over it.

Comment

That is something i was arguing about..Who wins..someone who landed 1,000 small shots that did no harm,or someone who landed 200 really hard shots?...I thought the winner is always the one who wants to finish the fight or land the most telling blows,not some shoe shining crap...

Comment

Originally posted by jgc2168 View Post
                  Damn enough with the over analyzing. Pacquiao won the fight. He can't control the judging. Compubox shows that Pac landed more punches and at a slightly higher percentage and this is what the judges saw. It was evident his punches were landing because Marquez's face looked like pulverized meat.

Pacquiao won a very close and well fought fight. Get over it.
                  Did you see Pas' face?once again it doenst matter who throws more punches but who makes the most damage..didnt pac had a busted lip and swelling?

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                    Did you see Pas' face?once again it doenst matter who throws more punches but who makes the most damage..didnt pac had a busted lip and swelling?
                    no swelling, jmm's face was more swelled up looked like a chinese after the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X