Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So with Khan fighting McCloskey in April, who should Bradley fight in the interim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor Ortiz would be a good fight. The reason I want that fight is so Berto doesn't keep fighting JWW. I read in an article with Bradley that HBO had it in the contract that he gets a fight before July 2nd, so I don't think he'll wait til the Khan fight is done. Whoever Tim fights it won't be a tune up type fight, that just doesn't seem like the way Bradley likes to operate.

Comment

Timmy has earned a rest, but he's also a throwback and a gym-rat. He loves to fight. He's old school and I'm sure he'd be happy to get back in there and take someone down before squaring off with Khan. We're assuming that fight will be made without a hitch in the summer; it may not be the case. I don't mind who he fights. I think the suggestion of building his fanbase is a good one; Katsidis would make for a very eye-pleasing fight and would go someway towards boosting Bradley's profile and reappealing to any new viewers that would've been let down by the Alexander fight. He could fight a big mouth like Brandon Rios or someone like Matthysee (very eyepleasing fight). Hell, a Joan Guzman would be perfect prep for Khan's speed, albeit a bit more of a risky fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Victor Ortiz would be a good fight. The reason I want that fight is so Berto doesn't keep fighting JWW. I read in an article with Bradley that HBO had it in the contract that he gets a fight before July 2nd, so I don't think he'll wait til the Khan fight is done. Whoever Tim fights it won't be a tune up type fight, that just doesn't seem like the way Bradley likes to operate.
        Nice choice, I'd like to see this too. Victor would be a very live underdog, in my opinion

Comment

I'm leaning towards Bradley vs Prescott.

Despite it going against Bradley's preference to take on top contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
            I'm leaning towards Bradley vs Prescott.

Despite it going against Bradley's preference to take on top contenders.
            abregu and peterson were contenders ...prescotts a step down fight for timmy....if he want to get big fights in the future, he's gonna have to do better than that....

Comment

Maidana is may. Hopefully he don't fake a back injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                Timmy should take a fight around late April on HBO against whoever he wants and then Khan in August...

I don't see it being Berto or Ortiz or anyone like that... Forget Clottey, he fights at 154 exclusively now... I know Tim is tough and likes to take on the best, but he needs a non-grueling fight, before the 2+ million dollar payday with Khan...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  abregu and peterson were contenders ...prescotts a step down fight for timmy....if he want to get big fights in the future, he's gonna have to do better than that....
                  Yes, moving up in weight to face a live, and undefeated opponent in Arbegu, is. Tell me another current junior welterweight that has done that?

Peterson, was his mandatory.

Anything else?

McClosky's a step down for Khan, what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                    Ha Ha Ha ... that be nice.

Or, his most recent statment, "I only fight arrogant guys", smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Double A 215 View Post
                      Timmy should take a fight around late April on HBO against whoever he wants and then Khan in August...

I don't see it being Berto or Ortiz or anyone like that... Forget Clottey, he fights at 154 exclusively now... I know Tim is tough and likes to take on the best, but he needs a non-grueling fight, before the 2+ million dollar payday with Khan...
                      You never know w Clottey.

Arum may feed him, weight-drained, to Bradley to coax Timothy into joining Top Rank.

Comment

Working...
                      X