No announcement yet.

If Bruce Lee Trained specifically for MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Bruce Lee Trained specifically for MMA

For like a year or something, with top trainers and everything do you think he would be good at mma?

Yes he will, but he would surely lose a few times. in the octagon with a guy just as skilled as him taking him down, grappling onto his body as opposed to trying to strike it will be too much. MMA ain't no movie and a guy ain't just going to sit there dazed waiting for you to hit him again and be knocked out after 2 hits unless he's really that dazed, with the athletes of today you'd never really know. he could be VERY successful being that he is a grand master and creator of his own form of fighting, he wouldn't be undefeated though which would cancel out the whole unbeatable Bruce Lee aura. he'd be great, he'd be a legend for sure but he'd lose, I respect the legend but I don't think he would be undefeated today. in a nutshell to answer your question YES he'd be good in MMA today if he trained for it

Comment

A year? Bah try 3 months. the trainers would be like your training how much ever day? "yeah where gonna need you to cut back to 5 miles and you dont have to worry about doing them in less then 30 mins by the way you can stop doing the one arm pull ups now im trying to talk to you". I mean its not like one of the first things we see bruce do in enter the dragon is an arm bar on sammo hung or anything or that he wasnt trained by that gene labelle guy that does judo.

unfortunately though at 135 i dont think he would have any one to fight in the UFC
      Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-18-2009, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Houstan Alexander knocked out a top ten lightheavyweight in Keith Jardine and a credible opponent in Alesssio Sakara in a combined time of just 1.49 minutes,Keep in mind he had only trained part time and had no real formal background in any particular martial art,Spent most of his adult life as a single parent and working in grass roots hip hop mixing.

Hell there are a number of UFC fighters who still don't train fulltime.Do not believe this myth that mma fighters are the greatest and most skilled athletes on the planet because most of the are not.

Comment

he may have a hard time passing a piss test as he was addicted to cortisone shots, ate hash on the regular, and was an avid steroid user.

Comment

Working...
          X