Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uneducated Newcomers and Boxing Fanboys. Read this post first.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
    generally speaking, yes.

but are we taking into account that the 2 street fighters are aware of eachother's abilities? in a street fight, even a well trained MMA fighter won't just go for a takedown right away. this is especially true if there are friends around that may jump in. if you're on the ground and that happens then yer ****ed. that's one of the reasons why most street fights start off with the 2 exchanging blows before anything goes to the ground. so, if you've got an MMA fighter and a boxer not aware of eachother's abilities then there's now a higher chance of the boxer knockin out (or severely damaging) the MMA fighter before he has the opportunity to ground n' pound.

now if they know of eachother's abilities (for example, in a sanctioned fight), and it's NHB rules, then the MMA fighter is more likely to go for the takedown immediately and then the boxer's ****ed. but, then again, that just goes back to my first point which is that either athlete will most likely win when the rules are more fitting towards their fighting style.
    Exactly right. Good post.

Comment

for the same reason that i would rather discuss boxing on an MMA forum: no trolls. anytime a website's main topic is discussed then that forum is littered with trolls and dip****s. i see people complaining about NSB having the same problem.

the MMA forum on here has only about 10-15 regulars but all of them are mature and educated so we still have great discussions. the only trolls on here are the boxing fans. works out perfect IMO.
      I see what you're saying. I guess with my limited MMA knowledge I can probably learn a bit from everyone on those sites whereas I definitely get pissed off spending too much time in NSB on here.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
        I see what you're saying. I guess with my limited MMA knowledge I can probably learn a bit from everyone on those sites whereas I definitely get pissed off spending too much time in NSB on here.
        exactly. you to sherdog or the underground then you'll have to sift through the 9 outt've 10 bull**** posts to get some good insight or feedback. over here, people have their **** together.

i'll come into this forum the next day after a UFC event and there's rarely any feedback i can give because most of the posts have everything i wanted to say covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
          You forgot Sambo, Catch and Judo.
          Beat me too it.

Comment

well that was informative.
            personally I'm a noob; but i know that alot this boxing vs mma **** was started by the leader[dana white i guess] of MMA.I'll watch a match once in a while.but when you make certain assumptions about A boxer vs MMAer you kinda look foolish.have you seen the best p4p mmaer in the world box?
            he looks awfull.

(can't find the entire fight)

you're pretty much making it seem like MMA is glorified street fighting.
            vale tudo.everything goes right? i mean, that's what goes on in a street fight, no?
            personally I'm a fan of urijah faber, and i think he is to MMA what mayweather was to boxing.i can see and appreciate the science and the technical aspect of MMA as well as the brutality cause of a fighter like him.

and lastly, this is called boxingscene? right?

Comment

I never compared it to a Street fight, I was quoting a nuthugger who compared it to a street fight. If you're going to try and dis me, you should at least get your facts straight. I said in a real sanctioned fight.

If you read my post, I pointed out some of the popular Martial Arts, I never said that I would list all of them. Ex: Krav Magra, Sambo, Judo, etc. There's thousands of different Martial Arts I could have listed. I was just using a few to make a point.

Comment

for the same reason that i would rather discuss boxing on an MMA forum: no trolls. anytime a website's main topic is discussed then that forum is littered with trolls and dip****s. i see people complaining about NSB having the same problem.

the MMA forum on here has only about 10-15 regulars but all of them are mature and educated so we still have great discussions. the only trolls on here are the boxing fans. works out perfect IMO.
                yeah, this is true.
                most of the time people on this forum are educated and make informing posts. its when you have some jackass come over to the mma area and make a stupid uneducated post just to piss off the regulars. most of the time it makes no sense. frankly, i also believe those people are jealous of how mma is exploding in popularity. all they really say that is true is that mixed martial artists get paid ****.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
                    and in a real FIGHT, an MMA Fighter destroys a Boxer.
                    The best striker in MMA loses brutally to a top ranked boxer of a similar weight in a boxing match. Likewise vice versa.

"In a real fight", if a boxer makes first contact on an mma fighters face or liver, the fight's over. "In a real fight", if an MMA fighter can takedown or strike first on a boxer, the fight's over. This is a pointless argument. I've been a hardcore boxing fan for about 9 years, I've been an mma fan for about 4. You're not going to do anything but go in circles when making this argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
                      I never compared it to a Street fight, I was quoting a nuthugger who compared it to a street fight. If you're going to try and dis me, you should at least get your facts straight. I said in a real sanctioned fight.

If you read my post, I pointed out some of the popular Martial Arts, I never said that I would list all of them. Ex: Krav Magra, Sambo, Judo, etc. There's thousands of different Martial Arts I could have listed. I was just using a few to make a point.
                      where did i dis you ?
                      value tudo means anything goes.anything goes in a street fight.
                      Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 09-24-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X