Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the American officials be fair to Kovalev when he fights Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• NSB is great to come to when the alt right/white nationalist/pro patriotism fanbase gets nervous when one of their favorites is in a fight he could lose.

Freedom, Red cyclone and others are scared to death Ward has a chance to prove he is better than Kov.

Its like they prefer fights not to happen because that way Kov can't lose.

Comment

• Kov's going to need to knock him out.

Kov if you're reading this don't leave it to the judges Bruv. LOL.

Comment

• 4 officials, 4 Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            We've all seen foreign-born boxers be unfairly treated. It happens all over the world: UK, Germany, USA, etc. Ideally, referees and judges should be fair and impartial.

Nationalistic or biased referees can make a difference in fights, like we saw in Soto-Lorenzo (Joe Cortez), Mansour-Cunningham (Smoger is a friend of Cunningham), Lomachenko-Salido (Lawrence Cole), Martinez-Cintron (Frank Santore Jr), Hatton-Mayweather (Cortez again), and Kessler-Ward (Jack Reiss).

We all know nationalistic boxing judges can ruin a boxer's efforts. Remember Kotelnik-Alexander, Pacquiao-Bradley I, Brewster-Meehan, and Sturm-De La Hoya?

Commentators who are rooting for one fighter over another can make a difference in public opinion. If the HBO commentators are rooting for one fighter over another, they can sway the viewers. We know Max Kellerman and the other American commentators will be rooting for Andre Ward, as will John Rawling (who doesn't like Russians) on the international feed if BoxNation is covering it. Dan Rafael and other American boxing journalists may become nationalistic and score all the rounds for Ward, whether he wins them or not.

Do you believe Sergey Kovalev will get a fair shake when he fights Andre Ward?

The officials will be fair and Ward will win legit, but Glenn Trowbridge will turn in a ****ty scorecard

Comment

• Kovalev cuts easily, so I don't doubt that will be form part of Ward's strategy. I suspect he'll be on Kov's chest from Round 1, tying him up, and looking to get some headbutts in.

Those who suggest otherwise need to watch AW's fights against 'big' punchers.

Its going to be messy.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Kovalev cuts easily, so I don't doubt that will be form part of Ward's strategy. I suspect he'll be on Kov's chest from Round 1, tying him up, and looking to get some headbutts in.

Those who suggest otherwise need to watch AW's fights against 'big' punchers.

Its going to be messy.
                Yes, Ward will use every illegal tactic he can.

Comment

• Just make sure you guys are here after the fight.

Comment

• Robbery, EXACTLY what I expected.

Lederman's 116-111 score was correct, props to him.

Kellerman was a disgrace as usual, giving verbal fellatio to Ward during the fight.

Byrd allowed Ward to clamp grapple and wrestle, and he was yelling at Kovalev every time Ward fouled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Robbery, EXACTLY what I expected.

Lederman's 116-111 score was correct, props to him.

Kellerman was a disgrace as usual, giving verbal fellatio to Ward during the fight.

Byrd allowed Ward to clamp grapple and wrestle, and he was yelling at Kovalev every time Ward fouled.
                      Lederman gave the 9th to Kovalev....

Which was one of Ward's best round.

I had it 7 rounds vs 5 for Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                      X