• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    "Experts" picked against him in several fights

Many were picking DLH

Many were picking Manny to win

Also Many were picking Hatton...the lead up to that fight was epic.

Many of my friends thoguht Cotto would beat him

hell he fought for his first title in his 18th pro fight and many thought he was in over his head versus Genaro Hernandez....Hernandez is one of the better 130 champions of the past 30 years.

its a different story when the fight plays out....then insert excuse why he wins......its been happening since he beat Corrales

Personally I havent picked anyone to beat him at all...always knew I was watching someone special...Once he got to 147, it was evident no one was gonna beat him unless he went to middleweight or did something outrageous
    Technically, you get to make that point because you are symbolically correct. That's clever.

However, I prefaced my statement by using the term "in the know." That would mean Roger, Floyd Sr, and Floyd himself - as well as all the other reasonably intelligent, non biased observers that never believed Floyd ever had any chance of losing any of those contests.

You going to tell me Team Mayweather was going into any of those matches with any doubt at all? They knew they had the tactical advantages necessary to win on the night as well as on paper. That isn't a calculated risk.

Also, if we found out tomorrow Floyd was fighting a house cat for his 50th fight some ******s out there would pick the ****ing housecat. It's just a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      That means he was just that good, as i listed p4p fighters and world champions in different divisions..not sure what you want here..please show me 1 damn fighter doing even close to that now
      Yes, just that good. But not a risk taker too. He can't be everything. He isn't everything. One of the better fighters to ever do it, surely. He'll just never be in the class if SRL, Duran, Robinson or Ali and others because he DID NOT TAKE RISKS. It's not completely his fault, but he has some of the responsibility in the minds of most no matter how much anyone tries to lobby or convince.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        Technically, you get to make that point because you are symbolically correct. That's clever.

However, I prefaced my statement by using the term "in the know." That would mean Roger, Floyd Sr, and Floyd himself - as well as all the other reasonably intelligent, non biased observers that never believed Floyd ever had any chance of losing any of those contests.

You going to tell me Team Mayweather was going into any of those matches with any doubt at all? They knew they had the tactical advantages necessary to win on the night as well as on paper. That isn't a calculated risk.

Also, if we found out tomorrow Floyd was fighting a house cat for his 50th fight some ******s out there would pick the ****ing housecat. It's just a fact.
        Mayweather was just in an era where he had no peer

He gets blamed for it

It was cool to see it all unfold

Personally I liked him more as pretty boy Floyd...watching him live was special, like watching greats like Jones, Whitaker, etc dominate

Makes you appreciate true all time greats when there isn't any left @ all

Wlad is washed up

Hopkins on his last legs

The 90s- 2000s stars are pretty much all gone

Several guys who have potential today to get there

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          Yes, just that good. But not a risk taker too. He can't be everything. He isn't everything. One of the better fighters to ever do it, surely. He'll just never be in the class if SRL, Duran, Robinson or Ali and others because he DID NOT TAKE RISKS. It's not completely his fault, but he has some of the responsibility in the minds of most no matter how much anyone tries to lobby or convince.
          So fighting in over 20 title fights(mostly lineal) from 130-154, beating over 20 former champions isn't taking a risk?

First title in his 18th pro fight isn't a risk?

He won his first title @ 21....younger than all those legends, less fights too

Stop regurgitating something you heard a commentator say

Proves in the pudding

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            So fighting in over 20 title fights(mostly lineal) from 130-154, beating over 20 former champions isn't taking a risk?

First title in his 18th pro fight isn't a risk?

He won his first title @ 21....younger than all those legends, less fights too

Stop regurgitating something you heard a commentator say

Proves in the pudding
            You're a Mayweather fangirl that CLEARLY cannot be taken seriously and your debating skills are weak. Quit wasting my time.

Comment

Working...
            X