Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Promotions future after Mayweather retires. Read more...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
    GBP has the deepest stable and most known stable in boxing. Haymon is behind them also. They basically have their own network. They will be fine.
    The problem is that network might not be able to support their expensive stable, unless they let some of them go, or lower their market value with some losses. Their ratings might be up, but so is the spending to HBO levels, and still the ratings lag way behind HBO.

Comment

I'm not too sure about TR. After Manny, who do they really have? It will be up to Arum to develope a star. Some may not remember, but Mayweather was not a big draw either until the De La Hoya fight. He was a sound technician in the ring but nothing overly exciting. It wasn't until he became "Money" Mayweather. That's when he became a big PPV attraction. Unlike many, I do think Bradley could become that guy for TR. He would have to show fans an arrogant side and play the villian, but it would work. If he beats Manny, he will be hated by Manny's fans. They will pay to see him get his ass kicked after that. So will mexican fans. Bradley would just have to endure the hatred. It would make him a very weathy man though.

For GBP, hands down Canelo will be the next big attraction. One, because he has a big fan base, 2 because he has a great star appeal, and 3 because he has dangerous opponents to create dramatic and exciting fights. If Broner takes the sport more serious and works on his flaws, he can become huge as well. His personality is huge. He just needs to grow his skill to the same level. The guys around his weight are very dangerous. He could be in some of the most explosive fights in the near future, but he better be properly prepared.

Comment

Mikey Garcia . Ggg, Ward, Thurman, Danny Garcia. Canelo are the future. They will all flourish. So will their respective promoters even outside of Tr and Gb

Comment

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
          Boxing is way bigger than any fighter there is, so the sport will continue and will prosper without Mayweather and Pacquiao. GBP and TR will still be here and both will continue making money.
          Perfectly explained.

Comment

If Fake JCC will just move to heavyweight already he can become a huge draw.

Comment

Great posts over here. IMHO I think Canelo brings a huge fan base but he must figh guys like Lara, Andrade and even Vanes in order to be considered a credible PPV atraction. He's fighting a really dangerous Angulo so we should wait and see what happens.

I might be good for the sport when Floyd and Manny retires. Maybe this promotional war ends and we see cooperation between them.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                Golden Boy have Quillin, once he headlines his first card the game is a wrap.

Comment

Ummm.....GBP has Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by dominibox View Post
                    i've been thinking about the future of gbp after mayweather retires. You must realize that mayweather is the main focus of showtime and gbp is getting some good benefits from this. But, when you check on gbp stable, it lacks of superstar caliber. There are great fighters like lara, matthysse, maidana, danny garcia, angulo and canelo (not a great fighter, but good financially)...but those names can't make 1mm ppv's fights.

Toprank is making a great work around mikey garcia and is doing a good job with bradley.

On the other hand, in gb stable you'll find more options than in tr stable, so you can see this from many ways.

I want to see your opinions of what you think is going to happen with gbp and tr after mayweather and pacquiao retires. Which one might have the better near future.
                    wtf.........................................

Comment

Working...
                    X