Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Looks Forward To Kovalev Bout, Denies Rejecting Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Looks Forward To Kovalev Bout, Denies Rejecting Him

IBF light heavyweight world champion Artur Beterbiev (12-0, 12 KOs) has denied that he ever turned down a potential fight with current WBO champion Sergey Kovalev (31-2-1, 27 KOs). Beterbiev looks forward to getting his amateur rival in the ring. There has been bad blood between the two fighters since Beterbiev defeated Kovalev in the amateurs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man, what an awesome fight. I've a feeling there will be a lot of building before it happens because casuals don't know Beterbeiv and this fight deserves a lot of attention. Hope to see it this year though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Man, what an awesome fight. I've a feeling there will be a lot of building before it happens because casuals don't know Beterbeiv and this fight deserves a lot of attention. Hope to see it this year though.
      Don't count on Beterbiev for smack talk and spicing up the pre-fight though... He's a nightmare for promoters ...

Comment

Damn, the shady side of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
          Don't count on Beterbiev for smack talk and spicing up the pre-fight though... He's a nightmare for promoters ...
          Agreed, but that's not the build up I mean. Beterbeiv needs to get fights on US tv. Beterbeiv is only known to hardcores and half of them haven't even really watched his fights.

Comment

Agreed, but that's not the build up I mean. Beterbeiv needs to get fights on US tv. Beterbeiv is only known to hardcores and half of them haven't even really watched his fights.

Even the Hardcores didn't get it with the Koelling fight... That was a textbook technical fight for Artur... Yet he got bashed for not flattening him early...

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              Even the Hardcores didn't get it with the Koelling fight... That was a textbook technical fight for Artur... Yet he got bashed for not flattening him early...
              Beterbeiv sold me in that fight because it showed that he has footwork, ring IQ, timing, patience, etc. Was really a showcase of his talents. Only fools wouldn't see that.

Comment

"The Russian boxer believes his promotional contract is over, while Michel feels his agreement with Beterbiev is still good for another year or two." How is this possible? Did they spit in their palms and shake on it, or is there an actual written contract? Ridiculous.

Comment

Beterbeiv sold me in that fight because it showed that he has footwork, ring IQ, timing, patience, etc. Was really a showcase of his talents. Only fools wouldn't see that.
                  He did show that he is a well-rounded, somewhat more technical fighter than some may have believed. He's not just a slugger.

Comment

I suggest you go read the fight thread again...

Comment

Working...
                    X