Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your home (boxing) gym set up look like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of the reason is that people turn to boxing workouts to stay fit.s. A home boxing gym can also help you find your own motivation to train yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by elina jhon View Post
      one of the reason is that people turn to boxing workouts to stay fit.s. A home boxing gym can also help you find your own motivation to train yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

What do you use that for? Would you mind posting a pic?
        It's this type of thing; http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...kout%20sandbag

I'm telling you guys, if you work out at home, get one. Over the years I discovered that freeweights are far more productive than machines. Kettlebells more than dumbells. So, the next step was to try this. Fking badass workouts. You don't need much weight because the sand bags inside want to shift on you, bringing your stabilizer muscles into play (which is a key to true strength, IMO). Doing overhead presses gives my upper-pecs a burn like nothing I've ever used. I sling it over my shoulders for squats. Do rows. Complex swinging movements. Etc etc. I've only been using it for around a year but it's my fave piece of equipment next to the heavy bag. Can't say enough good things about how efficient it is and how you can break up monotony coming up with new workouts. Warning though, those who like machines and easy workouts will not enjoy this. The fruity workout pics online make it look silly but it's a real bytch. Requires a lot of effort and coordination.

Oh, and a tip; use pea gravel. Sand makes a huge mess.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Thanks man, that's a great idea, it's the simple stuff that makes a difference. Old speed bag filled with sand hung up to work head movement is also a good and easy tool. Have you had luck with the tennis ball/hat thing? I've always wanted to make one.
          made one wtih tape and chain of elastic band, i sucked at it haha

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ictures&page=2

Comment

Working...
            X