Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quiz - Guess the year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as I whipped HeadBodyBodyBody, I am satisifed.

Comment

Answers:

1. Name the year in boxing history which had the highest number of bouts worldwide? 1930
      2. Between 1919-2016 what year had the lowest number of bouts worldwide? 1965
      3. 2016 had the largest numbers of bouts worldwide since what year? 1948
      4. What year had the highest number of boxing events/cards in the US? 1929
      5. What year had the highest number of boxing events/cards in the UK? 1935
      6. 2017 has had the most events/cards in the UK since what year? 1956
      7. In 2016 Mexico had 632 events/cards the highest since what year? 1960
      8. What year had the highest number of events/cards in the Philippines? 1994
      9. What year had the highest number of events/cards in Japan? 1963
      10. What year had the highest number of events/cards in Thailand? 1985

Comment

Interesting!

Biggest surprise to me, is that there were more pro fights in Mexico all the way back in 1960! I wouldn't have thought that.

Also a little surprised to see, that 1963 was Japan's busiest year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
          Interesting!

Biggest surprise to me, is that there were more pro fights in Mexico all the way back in 1960! I wouldn't have thought that.

Also a little surprised to see, that 1963 was Japan's busiest year.
          Yeah I was surprised by the Mexican one too, there appears to have been a big boom in the late 50s and early 60s in Mexican shows. The 2010s are a second boom.

In Japan there have been 6 years where they have had more than 300 events/cards in a year, 1962,1963,1964,2002,2004,2006.

Comment

That has to be one of the toughest quiz's ever

No point posting my answers as the answers are already there but I was close on 1 and 4 other than that I wasn't close.

Some interesting suprising answers there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              That has to be one of the toughest quiz's ever

No point posting my answers as the answers are already there but I was close on 1 and 4 other than that I wasn't close.

Some interesting suprising answers there.
              I wasn't really expecting anyone to get any apart from a lucky guess, I just thought the answers would be interesting. Which one were you close?

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                I wasn't really expecting anyone to get any apart from a lucky guess, I just thought the answers would be interesting. Which one were you close?
                1 and 4.

Just assumed it would be around the 1930 range.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  As long as I whipped HeadBodyBodyBody, I am satisifed.
                  Them's fighting words. I have reported you to the police.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                    Answers:

1. Name the year in boxing history which had the highest number of bouts worldwide? 1930
                    2. Between 1919-2016 what year had the lowest number of bouts worldwide? 1965
                    3. 2016 had the largest numbers of bouts worldwide since what year? 1948
                    4. What year had the highest number of boxing events/cards in the US? 1929
                    5. What year had the highest number of boxing events/cards in the UK? 1935
                    6. 2017 has had the most events/cards in the UK since what year? 1956
                    7. In 2016 Mexico had 632 events/cards the highest since what year? 1960
                    8. What year had the highest number of events/cards in the Philippines? 1994
                    9. What year had the highest number of events/cards in Japan? 1963
                    10. What year had the highest number of events/cards in Thailand? 1985
                    I totally didn't figure into my calculations the fact that fights happened A LOT more often back in the day. None of this 2-fights-a-year rubbish.

Where did you get these stats from? I'd be interested to see a timeline of these sorts of numbers

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                      I totally didn't figure into my calculations the fact that fights happened A LOT more often back in the day. None of this 2-fights-a-year rubbish.

Where did you get these stats from? I'd be interested to see a timeline of these sorts of numbers
                      Boxrec, there is a thread stating the current number of bouts recorded by them per year and as for the number of events/cards just click on 'locate events' on boxrec and type the year and country and you'll get the information.

Fighters way back fought about as many title fights, perhaps actually slightly less, than todays fighters, they just fought a lot more non-title bouts.

Comment

Working...
                      X