Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jacobs the biggest puncher GGG has faced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin said that Stevens punches harder than Lemiuex, so I'm guessing Jacobs hits harder than Stevens so yeah he probably is, he might punch harder than Golovkin himself

Comment

If Golovkin fought conservative against Stevens and Lemieux, or as they state "boxed" then I don't see Gennady beating Alvarez. Nelo's guard is very durable from the outside, so Gennady infamous jab would be nullified imo, become frustrated, and would eventually be forced to come forward which is what Nelo would want. I just see Alvarez's Everlasts blasting and moving Gennady around. Grant for Lemieux, Cleto for Stevens.... round 4 or 6 had Gennady taking shots all the way across the ring.

Comment

I think he hits harder than Stevens an just as hard as Lemieux. He is more dangerous than either of them because of better hand speed, accuracy and boxing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          You can't even name the best fighter Lil Davey Ko'd.
          You are maybe the worst poster on this site lately. I cringe everytime I see your dumba.ss comments. The guy you are fighting with is literally agreeing with you that Lemiuex hasn't knocked out a top guy, he then further explains it is bc he doesn't know how to utilize his power and you just keep repeating your same nonsense. He said he has raw power, which he absolutely does, but it takes more than that to KO somebody and Lemiuex doesn't do the rest well.

Comment

i think lemieux is a more explosive puncher than golovkin. but that's not going to help you land or win you fights at this level alone.

i don't think jacobs hits as hard as lemieux, but he definitely hits hard enough to hurt golovkin and stop him if he's allowed to tee off. this is MW. most of these guys can punch hard enough to get you going or out of there relatively quickl.

jacobs also has speed and he's aggressive, which are things that will work against golovkin. fast guys who back up from golovkin are going to end up on the ropes, where they're not all that fast any more! jacobs doens't ahve fast feet, but his hands are probably quick enough to beat golovkin to the punch early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
              If Golovkin fought conservative against Stevens and Lemieux, or as they state "boxed" then I don't see Gennady beating Alvarez. Nelo's guard is very durable from the outside, so Gennady infamous jab would be nullified imo, become frustrated, and would eventually be forced to come forward which is what Nelo would want. I just see Alvarez's Everlasts blasting and moving Gennady around. Grant for Lemieux, Cleto for Stevens.... round 4 or 6 had Gennady taking shots all the way across the ring.
              You are picking GGG to lose. What an amazing surprise from a guy who starts about 5 GGG trashing threads everyday. Different brands of boxing gloves don't make that much difference. When the fight with Canelo was likely to happen GGG was about a 4 to 1 favorite at the betting places. GGG always comes forward. He didn't KO all of his last 24 opponents by going backward. GGG doesn't have an infamous jab. He has a great famous jab that lands with regularity and great force on everyone he ever fought. As much as you want GGG to lose it's not going to happen any time soon. He will KO Jacobs and beat Canelo if that fight happens. Keep on hating and wishing and hoping for GGG to lose you crybaby. He keeps knocking everybody out. That drives you crazy. Don't reply to this. You have me on ignore so ignore this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                Golovkin said that Stevens punches harder than Lemiuex, so I'm guessing Jacobs hits harder than Stevens so yeah he probably is, he might punch harder than Golovkin himself
                In that case I retract my statement that Jacobs hits harder than Stevens and not as hard as Lemieux. Apparently Stevens hit even harder than Lemieux. I'll just say Jacobs, Lemieux and Stevens all punch with great power and GGG has an iron jaw. GGG has never been knocked down.

Comment

lemi/stevens probably has more power, but they don't know how to maximize their power/innefective

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post

golovkin took away basically all of lemieux' offense. stevens hit him with the kitchen sink in spots. i don't doubt that he got hit harder by stevens, but that doesn't mean stevens hits harder than lemieux, if that makes sense.

just watching the fighters and the reactions their opponents have to their punches i think it's obvious who hits harder. and i've seen stevens box live twice. he is certainly a puncher that can get you out of there or get you going wiht one big punch. i just think lemiuex is the more explosive athlete, and if you held mitts for both guys you'd feel more power from lemieux

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i think lemieux is a more explosive puncher than golovkin. but that's not going to help you land or win you fights at this level alone.

i don't think jacobs hits as hard as lemieux, but he definitely hits hard enough to hurt golovkin and stop him if he's allowed to tee off. this is MW. most of these guys can punch hard enough to get you going or out of there relatively quickl.

jacobs also has speed and he's aggressive, which are things that will work against golovkin. fast guys who back up from golovkin are going to end up on the ropes, where they're not all that fast any more! jacobs doens't ahve fast feet, but his hands are probably quick enough to beat golovkin to the punch early on.

Insanity

Lemieux has never stopped a top fighter.

I'd rather get hit by Lemieux than Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X